Wild Buzzard!!!!!!!!!

Joycey

I have in one of my flytes a wild buzzard, i found it while out walking the dog, it tried to fly off but was very weak and hit the hedge, i noticed somthink was wrong with it so caught it up and took it home, kept it in a box over night (nice and dark) to calm it down, i manage to get a bit of water down with a syringe, and checked it over, it had a small cut to back of head, an eye was slightly closed, and a cut to in side of left leg, the back talon on left foot is curled up, couldnt see any marks by the talon, its sitting ok on bow perches and on a high ledge in flyte, the eye looks a lot better now and its trying to fly about when i check on it... the reason i put this thread up was to ask someone on here if its ok to look after a wild bop till i think its ok to be released, or am i breaking the law, if so what should i do with it... its not eaten anythink just yet but has landed by the bath and had a drink, i left a full rabbit in with it this morning, cut open with guts removed, so im hopeing when i get home from work it might of eaten a little... il take some pictures when i get home and put them up... once i know it eating and looks ok i will let it go where i found it, am i doing the right thing????? any feed back will be greatfull thanks Chris....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes yes they only eat slugs and worms blah blah blah. Its a bird thats injured.....if you want to keep it and fix it then on ye go....if i want to knock it on the head then on ye go. If it was a pigeo

Well if there's a injured animal yes give it a few days see if it get better GREAT if not let nature take its toll all put in out it's misery nothing worse seeing injured animal!

Sounds like its struggling......chap it on the heed!!!

no centers near me... and why knock it on the head its better now than when i found it?? ive not checked its keel bone yet didnt want to stress it out to much, il give it a day or so and if its still not eating il force feed it, and have another good check all over, if i can save it then great il release it, if it starts to go down hill il take it vets see what they say, but up till now i think its doing ok in its self?? does anyone know if its against the law to keep a wild bop??

no centers near me... and why knock it on the head its better now than when i found it?? ive not checked its keel bone yet didnt want to stress it out to much, il give it a day or so and if its still not eating il force feed it, and have another good check all over, if i can save it then great il release it, if it starts to go down hill il take it vets see what they say, but up till now i think its doing ok in its self?? does anyone know if its against the law to keep a wild bop??

have a read here http://www.raptorrescue.org.uk/rehabilitation/rehabilitators/part8_law_v2_1.pdf

real mature, if there is chance it can be saved then why not help it? law supporting of course. if it was everybody's idea to (chap animals on the heed) when they have ran into a bit of trouble there would be alot of dead animals that otherwise would have been able to be released back into the wild. buzzards dont cause nowhere near the amount of damage fox and other preadators cause so why kill it. im pretty sure it will be illegal to do so anyway. grow up

• Like 1

real mature, if there is chance it can be saved then why not help it? law supporting of course. if it was everybody's idea to (chap animals on the heed) when they have ran into a bit of trouble there would be alot of dead animals that otherwise would have been able to be released back into the wild. buzzards dont cause nowhere near the amount of damage fox and other preadators cause so why kill it. im pretty sure it will be illegal to do so anyway. grow up

Yes yes they only eat slugs and worms blah blah blah. Its a bird thats injured.....if you want to keep it and fix it then on ye go....if i want to knock it on the head then on ye go. If it was a pigeon i'd chap it, if it was a crow i'd chap it and if it was a pheasant i'd chap it....funny when its beak has a f***ing hook everyone gets all sentimental. No point saying "its illegal" to kill it then keep it captive.....which i think is also illegal... :hmm:

• Like 3

far from being sentimental mate if it isnt suffering and the bloke can see its getting better then why kill it? im the same if its suffering its better to knock it on the head. fact is it appears it isnst suffering so theres no need to. i would sooner see it released than in the bottom of a bin. :thumbs:

far from being sentimental mate if it isnt suffering and the bloke can see its getting better then why kill it? im the same if its suffering its better to knock it on the head. fact is it appears it isnst suffering so theres no need to. i would sooner see it released than in the bottom of a bin. :thumbs:

Ok fair enough mate.....we all do what we think is correct in the circumstances. You being a BOP man and me being a pheasant man then of course our opinions are going to differ... :icon_redface: . To be fair ive only just noticed this is in the General Falconry and not General Talk...might be onto a loosing streak here... :angel::D:thumbs:

dont wont it to be like that. dont want to seem the type looking for an argument as your opinion is the right solution for the right situation :yes:. its just this situation isnt the right one.

atb kyle

it would be if there was was any injuries that would render it unable to get 100% fit prior to release as a rung neck is a quicker way to go than slow starvation. and a life in a pen is not the thing for a wild buzzard.

dont wont it to be like that. dont want to seem the type looking for an argument as your opinion is the right solution for the right situation :yes:. its just this situation isnt the right one.

atb kyle

it would be if there was was any injuries that would render it unable to get 100% fit prior to release as a rung neck is a quicker way to go than slow starvation. and a life in a pen is not the thing for a wild buzzard.

well i can only go off what the bloke has put so i dont know whether the buzzard has any such injuries but with the sounds of it it hasnt. but i totally agree if the situation is that the buzzard cannot be rendered fit for release then its dispatch is the better option

and as far as it not eating its like any time a hawk is brought into an unfamiliar environment, e.g a harris just taken from its parents and put into a new aviary can take days before it eats so given time im sure the buzzard will feed so i doubt it will starve itself to death so i wouldnt worry and try force feed it. But if the buzzards condition does deteriorate then maybe consider calling it time and stop the suffering