60 Traps....gone!!!!!

I put down around 60 duffus traps last week on a farm and was going to be quite a good earner. However on returning to check them....all gone. I had a few neighbouring farms in line as well, so you can imagine how pissed off i am.

It was in quite a posh area as well.

Just like to here others thoughts and experience on this. Do i buy more traps and be a lot more tactful, ie not using traps...?????

Cheers Gaz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i ran a thread last year when i had 25 traps stolen my traps were marked 5 weeks later not 300 yards away from my permission i caught the lad checking his traps on his permission 6 in the morning gue

I got a feeling its someone whos been lamping hares. There have been reports of it before.   I hope they come on here and read this.....cuz you're a fecking waster, firstly stealing from my liveliho

Get more traps, get a camera set up, find out who's stealing them and let them know if it happens again they will have knee problems.

Get more traps, get a camera set up, find out who's stealing them and let them know if it happens again they will have knee problems.

• Like 1

I got a feeling its someone whos been lamping hares. There have been reports of it before.

I hope they come on here and read this.....cuz you're a fecking waster, firstly stealing from my livelihood and secondly running hares that are carrying young. Pricks like this......f**k it!!! I'll catch the kunts.

• Like 3

Ouch! That has got to hurt. Let's hope that you find them, and the person responsible. It might be that someone watched you setting them and went back later for them.

I had that happen to me once with a long line of rabbit wires, but he got his come-uppence!

OTC

That's a shite thing to happen.

I had it myself quite recently. Not on the same scale admittedly, but I lost 6 traps out of a beer garden that was closed off. The b*****d even took the marker pins.

It's at times like this you wonder if it's all worth it. £240 worth of traps plus the loss of revenue from the moles, and all because some dick want's to make a quick buck.

Saddest thing of all is that they may just end up in a scrap yard somewhere.

That's a shite thing to happen.

I had it myself quite recently. Not on the same scale admittedly, but I lost 6 traps out of a beer garden that was closed off. The b*****d even took the marker pins.

It's at times like this you wonder if it's all worth it. £240 worth of traps plus the loss of revenue from the moles, and all because some dick want's to make a quick buck.

Saddest thing of all is that they may just end up in a scrap yard somewhere.

With all this shite weather, i waited a to have a good days work on there. However i just ended up driving round looking at empty holes. I must admit around 40 of the traps were the cheaper variety but still...i've lost my confidence to buy more and get them down. So traps lost, 2 days work lost and potenital revenue lost (from this job and others from the jobs ahead).

That's a good point Giro.

Got any serious competition in the area Derbylad? I would put anything passed some of the new generation of molecatchers/grasscutters/painters/gardeners/windowcleaners etc.

A trail camera may help, or it may just be another expense. It's no good finding out that someone in a dark jacket and beanie hat wandered in and nicked your traps the night before.

The NFU insurance policy for molecatchers includes a theft clause. I'm not sure if they would cover in these circumstances but it may be worth thinking about. I would also report it to the police just in case they've pulled some scrote with a pile of traps in their motor.

One thing I did think of when this happened to me is that it is nigh on impossible to identify the traps. I'm thinking of getting some tooling made up so that I can stamp all my traps with some sort of unique mark.

• Like 1

i ran a thread last year when i had 25 traps stolen my traps were marked 5 weeks later not 300 yards away from my permission i caught the lad checking his traps on his permission 6 in the morning guess what they were my traps he had drove past and watched me setting mine,needless to say i got my traps back and he needed a dentist appointment,he gave up his permission after i had a word with the farmer i now have his permission as the farmer thought he could no longer trust him

• Like 4

i ran a thread last year when i had 25 traps stolen my traps were marked 5 weeks later not 300 yards away from my permission i caught the lad checking his traps on his permission 6 in the morning guess what they were my traps he had drove past and watched me setting mine,needless to say i got my traps back and he needed a dentist appointment,he gave up his permission after i had a word with the farmer i now have his permission as the farmer thought he could no longer trust him

Just the kind of stories I like to hear.... Good on ye mate!!!