Need Some Good Advice

Will for the last 5 years that I have had my own house too my self Iam not too fussy about having dead game in the house or in the normal freezer with the shopping but things are changing the girlfriend is moving in and we have been talking about throwing out my chest freezer into the garage too keep game in it the only problem is it has no power in there and my landlord won't pay too get it connected wich is fine I would get it done my self well I got a quote of a elec lad I know and it's not going too be as cheap as I thought reaching the 300 range so Iam here thinking Iam not going too be in this house for the rest of my life so thought f**k it see what other ways I could get it too work short of getting a genny or walk over a extension cable every day so was thinking of getting one of these just want too know if any of you are abit on the smarter side then me an can tell me if these solar panels would work http://www.mysolarshop.co.uk/solar-power-kit-110w-p-580.html?osCsid=prvdhdssp777vkbogr0buafgb0

Cheapest way is to talk the girlfriend round....food is food.Perhaps take the outer covers of stuff ,& bag it up.Make it look like you bought it not shot/caught/trapped it ..Did'nt think them jock girls worried about them sort of things,the one i married even helps gralloch !!!.... ;);) ................ps dont think the solar panels on there own will do the job

Will for the last 5 years that I have had my own house too my self Iam not too fussy about having dead game in the house or in the normal freezer with the shopping but things are changing the girlfriend is moving in and we have been talking about throwing out my chest freezer into the garage too keep game in it the only problem is it has no power in there and my landlord won't pay too get it connected wich is fine I would get it done my self well I got a quote of a elec lad I know and it's not going too be as cheap as I thought reaching the 300 range so Iam here thinking Iam not going too be in this house for the rest of my life so thought f**k it see what other ways I could get it too work short of getting a genny or walk over a extension cable every day so was thinking of getting one of these just want too know if any of you are abit on the smarter side then me an can tell me if these solar panels would work http://www.mysolarshop.co.uk/solar-power-kit-110w-p-580.html?osCsid=prvdhdssp777vkbogr0buafgb0

i just ran a normal extension reel down to the shed and put one of the multiple socket things on the end of it.

Guest long-tail

dont know what distance your covering but my sheds approx 5meters away from the house,just spur off a socket in the house with a 2.5mm twin and earth cable into a socket in the shed then out of that into a fused spur then back out up to the light with a 1mm twin and earth cable,attach the cable to an overhead wire to keep it up out of harms way between house and shed easy total cost about £20,a sparky would have wanted around £200 :thumbs:

Edited by long-tail

If your ever using an Extension Lead make sure you unwind All The Cable as Left coiled up and running can cause a Fire . . Those who know this may think its a stupid post but the amount off people Ive see not doing this when running power to sheds , Kennels or when just using them is ridiculous !

• Like 1

do you really have to move the freezer? cant you just move it to a spare room or the kitchen to save any hassle? i keep mine in the spare room, thought about putting power to the hut for it but it's handy where it is :)

I agree with all cheapest way would be running a extension cord even though I don't like the idea was just thinking about it long term Iam going too need a freezer for a longtime and can't complain about free electricity just an idea too try save some penny's cos my freezer is on all year round and I don't plan on dying any time soon was thinking might be a good little investment I could take with me if I move

do you really have to move the freezer? cant you just move it to a spare room or the kitchen to save any hassle? i keep mine in the spare room, thought about putting power to the hut for it but it's handy where it is :)

it would be i can fit two chest freezers in the kitchen the now but just this house ends up with too much clutter as it is and there would be no room for a dinner table any where plus all the wellies and every thing just trying too get all the dog stuff lamps and every thing out the thing is me and my girlfriend both work on farms and the kitchen is the heart of the house just ends up a real mess with all the clutter

Lol na lads I've got a good one here she does all the cleaning and cooking just the house gets very cluttered with all my shit its a 3 bedroom house and we can both still fill it with junk just needing too get the kitchen in a better state