• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

use to see alot of that cross years ago in the tinkers camps with the lab crosses seen to be making a come back with some of the boys good luck to you when you get your pups

This dog was bred locally, back in the day,..he killed most critters that he encountered...  

Posted Images

northenlite. yes i must agree cheap 1980 camera and i am useless at takeing pictures

use to see alot of that cross years ago in the tinkers camps with the lab crosses seen to be making a come back with some of the boys good luck to you when you get your pups :thumbs:

• Like 2

if this x was so good why did it die out ??? yet bull x collie n deerhounds and salukis other xs have been around for years ??? what im seeing of these a big heavy dogs that will struggle on rabbits :hmm:

didnt die out mate, just went out of fashion.Bullxs took off in the 70s , and to be honest what bullxs were for they will take some beating, you wont beat a bullx.Salukixs are the best at what they do no prob there,colliexs will always be around. But get a good gsd x grey, from good working lines , and you got a lurcher that can+ do good job on most quarry. Its not a new x as been said, as said on other posts i speak to steve Barton about this x, and he had them in the 70s, and still works them now.Itold him it was my 1st time with this x, and told me if it turns out like his dogs (now+ before) you wont look back, you will very happy with it, a very (underated) lurcher that (dont have to look like a lurcher) :yes:

camp lamper.this gsdxg cross will not catch as many rabitts as a light built lurcher on average .but they will not blow up they do not cut very easily they have bottomless stamina good tracking ability and are generally more better suited to hard work .i like a dog that can do a bit of everything .i can see on here that a lot of greyhoundy or whippety lurchers are getting cut or blowing up .i dont want to be down at the vets every two minutes or haveing to go home because the dog is wet and cold after a couple of hours of work . i want a dog that can run hard at least 3 times a week. and most greyhoundy lurchers are not up to that at all.i know some owners will say they are up to it but they generally are not .the reason gsdxg are not as popular is because lots of lurcher owners have a built in phobia about dogs haveing to be greyhoundy looking

• Like 1