Ferreters Not The Most Chatty Folk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could teach it to dance and go on Britain's got Talent.   Go to some shows through the summer and chat to a few at them, you'll meet plenty of numpties and braggards but you might fall lucky wi

First and foremost. Don't shout at people when they're ferreting

I can just picture it now, 2 lads keeping their heads down participating in their quiet sport (maybe they weren't meant to be there) then some lad they don't know lurcher in tow (bull x ?) starts mide

Yep noisy ferreters grrrrrrrr or the ones who don't put there phone on silent there the lowest of the low, on the phone to the missis every two minutes cos she's a crack pot : ) where are you what time you back etc etc , shouting for nets ,

• Like 2

haha no not really pip although I used to do the bomb disposal dogs to, so I used to try not to move much either :bad: ! James I wish it was so easy where I live its becoming increasingly less rural pal and my contacts are all saying that mixy has ruined there spots!

mixy hit most places mate,my area looked promising ealrier in the year then mixy hit it but you can still get a few runs and they always bounce back.now most of my lamping is done out of town :thumbs:

• Like 1

next time it happens just obseve & when the lads /men are clearing nets up ferets safely away try & get a conversation going cos you never know you might hit lucky -me & my mate always liked a chat with strangers to the sport & we have even gained permission through it -not all lads are miserable ignorant twats lol-billy

i quite like it when people take an intrest, id rather educate somebody than just f*ck them of and like you say ive gained permission through it aswell.

and about the noise issue the rabbits round here still bolt even when ive shot 5 of there mates with the 12 bore! so someone asking how were doin from 50 yards away over a fence isnt gonna make much difference, you just need better ferrets lol :toast:

• Like 1

Air Gun Ant you from Lancashire area? I had a chance at some land Halifax way but nothing on the best side of the north lol

yeah mate im in carnforth, just north of lancaster but alot of my lands near shap, bit of a treck but a bootifull place :thumbs:

• Like 1

To have some land your a very lucky man! I left army got hitched new house then thought I need to get into ferreting did a bit with a local vet when I was young, got the lurcher now 7 months old poor things never seen a bloody rabbit lol Everywhere is being developed on and too many farmers near me have had enough of the knock on the door and please can I ferret on your land question lol

My last resort is a small piece of land in Bradford I know the lad personally just hoping something comes off it!

Looking into getting into falconry now think itll be easier to get permission and go for a ramble across the moors with more chances of catching quarry! Havent got the balls for jumping into someones land and have a cheeky poach lol

I did the other month I put a post up and I ended up with a fecking shotgun in my face lol I then managed to worm my way out and befriend him BUT if you end up with a police note against your name in the line of work im in ITS just not worth it,

i am lucky in that i have alot of land local aswell and the lad i shoot with has alot of land to so between us were never short of somwhere to go! but before i started getting all this land i had no choice but to jump a few fences lol GOOD TIMES !!!!!!