well considering your from Ireland i wouldnt worry about the ban lad but i'd give him more on his own and if he not lifting on his own i'd say put him down, dont think you should ever double up on fox unless you know the dog isnt worth its salt just my opinion

• Like 2

This was a dog i had at the start of the season. i gifted him to a lad for lamping rabbits just always wondered if i had of gave him more doubled up to start would he have came around. he had 3 doubled up an didnt get phased by it at all and then gave him two on his own lifted the two of them but he was arse nipping and didnt finish them he was 28tts and about 70ibs in weight

This was a dog i had at the start of the season. i gifted him to a lad for lamping rabbits just always wondered if i had of gave him more doubled up to start would he have came around. he had 3 doubled up an didnt get phased by it at all and then gave him two on his own lifted the two of them but he was arse nipping and didnt finish them he was 28tts and about 70ibs in weight

did you finish them for him?

it may be looking the part mate, but it may just not be quite mentally ready for it yet, not all dogs are starters at 18 months old, as has been said already, see what he wants to do start of next season, you may be pleasantly suprised.

I wonder how many are disposed of if they aren't early starters in the dog game??? a fair few i'd say

all the best with it anyhow

B

• Like 5

it may be looking the part mate, but it may just not be quite mentally ready for it yet, not all dogs are starters at 18 months old, as has been said already, see what he wants to do start of next season, you may be pleasantly suprised.

I wonder how many are disposed of if they aren't early starters in the dog game??? a fair few i'd say

B

your right mate my dog wasnt ready lastyear was immature then this year came round started to know his job hope

Edited by artful212

B

I totally agree with this - I reckon a large number of dogs are passed over if they don't hit the ground running in their first season...don't think I have ever sen a dog ruined by waiting 6 months or giving it time...seen a fair few f****d up by idiots sending a pup in to do an experienced dog's job... :thumbs:

• Like 1