Air Arms Tx200 Mkiii Or The Hw97?

Thats a hard one owned them both and there both top class rifle,s witch ever one you choose you can be sure of one thing you will own one of the best :thumbs: or just buy them both but like davet63 has said try before you buy atvbmac

What will you use it for?

Serious competition shooting? Hw97 as you will have the option to get it tuned moving it into a whole different rifle.

Hunting only? Both will be fine.

Hunting and paper targets or plinking? Both will be fine.

Best advice is to go shoulder both and see which one fits the best. Even better would be to shoot both then decide.

Both are the best spring rifles money can buy so it will be personal preference in most cases!

Heard that Hw 97s are made closer to the way old fashioned air rifles were made years ago.

Overbuilt, with some rough edges out of the box. Some 97s that made it to the "States can't even hold air during a leakdown test of the compression tube. An advanced tune is supposed to bring out the best with these air guns.

The AA TX200 is supposed to work better out of the box. They are also supposed to be easier to fix on the kitchen table. No spring compressor required. Have never seen a AA TX200 MkIII in my life, but would still like to buy one.

A Beeman 97 feels like you're carrying a jack hammer through the woods. The AA TX200 weighs about the same with similar design, they're both boat anchors. The weight is why they are competitive with PCPs.

Remember to hold onto the corking lever when you load a pellet!!!

Hard to choose. Take your time and shop around. Also look into the AA Prosport and the Weihrauch HW98 (Beeman R11). All nice air guns.

Peace, hope this helps,

RiverRomper

• Like 1

There is only one solution get both guns .Then you just have work out mark 2 or mark 3 ..97k or 77 ..25mm or 26mm cylinders ...carbine or full length...and a little bit of pro sport and was my gun made on a friday afternoon ,after the pub throughn in.

• Like 2

Hi have recently been shooting a tx200 in .22, I own a standard 97kt .22 and have owned a 97k with a v mach kit. The tx does appear to shoot better than a 97kt out of the box. The one I tried had a softer recoil than my gun and I could get better groups than with my standard 97kt. The recoil on my standard gun is more bouncey in comparision however with a tuning kit you can turn them into a dream gun. Points I did not like on the tx200 are the annoying rachet sound of the cocking sears and particularly having to press the release button to close the cocking arm and then the safety catch, its just more faffing about, also the cocking lever of the tx200 kept unlocking and would not keep shut. (it had a sling fitted to it). The overall quality was excellent and the stock was lovely but overal I still prefer my 97kt.

my 97kt is quite snappy. it's been tuned and is 177. its snappy, but very quick. as soon as i pull the trigger, it's gone. accurate as hell. it easily keeps up with my hw100 and mpr. all are 177. in fact, i seem to be a better shot with the springer over my pcp's. i think its cos i try harder because of the recoil. i'm lazy with a pcp because i know i can get away with it. springers are definatley the way to go if you want to improve your technique with a gun.