England Rugby At It's Finest

Sour grapes mate, they just can't take the fact that our current pack dominated theirs and smashed it to pieces at every scrum.. We had the strongest scrum all tournament.. Theirs struggled against Italy - we dominated them. They struggled against France - we dominated them. They struggled against Scotland - etc, etc..

I think the fact they've came public with it as made it look more sour grapes, its coming across like they're looking for any excuse, it would have some credibility if they'd only lost by the odd score but they were out-played in every facet of the game. :victory:

• Like 5

You know what I found funny, or maybe its just my sick sense of humour. Before the wales v England game, they advertised a clip of a fly on the wall documentary of the week building up to the game in the England camp. Imagine being English, seeing that advertised before kick off and thinking I'll watch that....... f****d 30-3...... will I f**k :laugh: Prob the makers of the doc were gonna add some footage of the game in it. I'm sure it never turned out the way they planned :laugh:

• Like 1

Sour grapes mate, they just can't take the fact that our current pack dominated theirs and smashed it to pieces at every scrum.. We had the strongest scrum all tournament.. Theirs struggled against Italy - we dominated them. They struggled against France - we dominated them. They struggled against Scotland - etc, etc..

Now Malt. I expect better of you.

This is not sour grapes though it is expected that some will interpret it as such.

Having watched the recorded game......I switched off the live game at 12-3..........It was quite apparrent that Wales were in the ascendency and England were going to struggle.

However the coaching staff are paid to do a job and I really believe they have a case. Even the Welsh were struggling to understand some of the decisions.

The scrum has turned into a lottery and when Steve Walsh is officiating it is well documented that his dislike of England materialises in some of his decisions.

England have never taken the credit of winning the match away from Wales and I think you'll find that most England rugby fans wouldn't either.

But for things to improve especially in regard to the scrum which is a dark art to say the least, the issues need to be raised with the correct authoroties so that they can be resolved to everyones beneifit. The scrum is an intrinsic part of the game so once you have the advantage of being awareded a scrum you should not have that advantagge removed by misinterpretations of the law and interpretations of who's fault it is.

Unfortunately the press and some less gracious folk will see it as sour grapes but the issue should be taken in the context that England played S**T and Wales were up for it. Lessons nead to be learned by England and this issue is one of those lessons.

The answer as to why Steve Walsh is such an ignorant, biggoted anti Englis, egotistical, biased, antipodeaan pig islander may not be so easily answered

rgds

Swampy

A ning to Wales

• Like 1

Now Malt. I expect better of you.

This is not sour grapes though it is expected that some will interpret it as such.

Having watched the recorded game......I switched off the live game at 12-3..........It was quite apparrent that Wales were in the ascendency and England were going to struggle.

However the coaching staff are paid to do a job and I really believe they have a case. Even the Welsh were struggling to understand some of the decisions.

The scrum has turned into a lottery and when Steve Walsh is officiating it is well documented that his dislike of England materialises in some of his decisions.

England have never taken the credit of winning the match away from Wales and I think you'll find that most England rugby fans wouldn't either.

But for things to improve especially in regard to the scrum which is a dark art to say the least, the issues need to be raised with the correct authoroties so that they can be resolved to everyones beneifit. The scrum is an intrinsic part of the game so once you have the advantage of being awareded a scrum you should not have that advantagge removed by misinterpretations of the law and interpretations of who's fault it is.

Unfortunately the press and some less gracious folk will see it as sour grapes but the issue should be taken in the context that England played S**T and Wales were up for it. Lessons nead to be learned by England and this issue is one of those lessons.

The answer as to why Steve Walsh is such an ignorant, biggoted anti Englis, egotistical, biased, antipodeaan pig islander may not be so easily answered

rgds

Swampy

A ning to Wales

Apart from the odd scrum or two that were "dubious" the majority were won by sheer power and nous from the welsh front row, if like as been said that Wales got all the desicions illegally I think co-commentator Brian Moore would've been the first to say anything, after all he's got a lot more experience than any us of front row play at the highest level.

Still whine ning are you swampy.

• Like 1

I agree with the scrums being a joke Swampy, they have been for some time.. They are often nothing more than a contest for penalties and free kicks rather than a genuine contest for winning the ball.. :yes: However, England won a World Cup by setting up to play for penalties and when the rest of us didn't like it, that was sour grapes on our part, apparently.. :thumbs:

I see none of the England fans are complaining about George Clancy who single-handedly robbed Italy of at least a draw against England the week before.............so yes by spouting up now you've lost is a case of sour grapes.

To say I'm whinging is a bit un just.

As for Brian Moore.......I find it incredible that he whines about the scrum but he sat on the board when the rules re scrummaging were changed!

I have never said that england were robbed by the ref......The ref is after all part of the game.

I have never said that Wales didn't deserve their win.......On the contrary!

All I asked was for folk to take the press article for what it is.............A medium for promoteing argument. The same as this place!

I Still stand by my comments about Steve Walsh though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rgds

Swampy

The only English poster on this thread ning!

PS. Yes I expect a right kicking for all this

• Like 2

I'm English but I can't support England Rugby - their selection process is wrong, the mindset is wrong and they are a talented bunch of individuals but they are not a team. I watched the game - England deserved to lose and you make your own luck with the referees to a certain extent. Never seen england ask for an enquiry after being gifted a free kick in the final moments of a world cup match.

The thing that needs to change is the scrum - ban feeding the ball - the hooker is currently redundant - return it to being a shoving contest where power matters, maximum of 1 reset per scrum, penalty for not binding and bringing it down - everything else - play on!

I'm English but I can't support England Rugby - their selection process is wrong, the mindset is wrong and they are a talented bunch of individuals but they are not a team. I watched the game - England deserved to lose and you make your own luck with the referees to a certain extent. Never seen england ask for an enquiry after being gifted a free kick in the final moments of a world cup match.

The thing that needs to change is the scrum - ban feeding the ball - the hooker is currently redundant - return it to being a shoving contest where power matters, maximum of 1 reset per scrum, penalty for not binding and bringing it down - everything else - play on!

I can't say I disagree with all of this.

I think you'll find that Australia and England both attended a post match review. All International matches have them.

Any citings or observations are made then. Which is why some citings come out quite some time after the game.

Any suggestion of foul play would have been discussed by all at that review.

I am surprised that the spitting incident hasn't been raised but I suspect that behind the scenes it has certainly discussed and will certainly not have gone unnoticed.

The RFU do have a lot to answer with the way the game is managed. Will Carlings comments re 57 old farts springs to mind.

Rgds

Swampy

Still on the fence ning

• Like 1