Landrover Are They Really As Unreliable As Everyone One Says

Tata bought it after bmw and ford had raped it. Trany van engines. In them. The LR Brand. Is. Still a market leader just imagine if they had expanded the. Td5 and the 110. , lost faith and went jap years ago. But got me eye on a tombraider ltd edition.

Edited by gonetoearth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had my 90 for 3 years now and it has cost me £40 to get through 3 MOT's, never let me down. As far as leaking goes i was always told if you want a land rover that doesn't leak get a soft top. T

got a 97 defender 300tdi, had it since 2000, get under it with a grease gun every now and again, all the u j's, spray the underside with black oil a few times a year, service it regular, ticks over li

Had 4 landies, and have now swore I will never have another.. not worth the hassle. I have went back to Mitsubishi.   Freelanders ! holy f***ing crap, what a pile of shit they are. and There is n

Tata bought it after bmw and ford had raped it. Trany van engines. In them. The LR Brand. Is. Still a market leader just imagine if they had expanded the. Td5 and the 110. , lost faith and went jap years ago. But got me eye on a tombraider ltd edition.

Tombraider?!!! Blimey saw one at Billing years ago. V8 and looking mustard! Bet that'll cost afew quid.

Rgds

Swampy

Wanting a lara croft Ning

if they upgrade them,like the other crewcabs i think they would sell well,shit interior,you have ton open window to drive them as the steering wheels so close to the door,clutch needs 3 ton pressure to change gear,and if your spines made of titanuim your back will be fine. there ok for farmers who fly up the lane to feed sheep,but long distance .......na

probably not the right motor for me then iv put nearly 18, 000 miles on my current car in a year! back to the drawing board

no way then mate,i forgot you ll need ear defenders aswell,im not joking ive seen them wearing them on the motorway....

Bought my hilux in 1994, 3 years old, 24000 on the clock. 19 years later its now got 155000 on the clock, will still do the business and have only ever got stuck twice(both times bogged in gateways that cattle had been playing in)

Feed the cattle with it all through autumn and winter and go staghunting on exmoor in all weathers.

Girlfriend has got a defender 110. Most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever sat in and she wont even think about going places that I regularly go in the hilux.

Had to have 2 new rear shockers for the mot this year, sailed thro apart from that.

Hopefully it will last me a few more years yet.

Bought my hilux in 1994, 3 years old, 24000 on the clock. 19 years later its now got 155000 on the clock, will still do the business and have only ever got stuck twice(both times bogged in gateways that cattle had been playing in)

Feed the cattle with it all through autumn and winter and go staghunting on exmoor in all weathers.

Girlfriend has got a defender 110. Most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever sat in and she wont even think about going places that I regularly go in the hilux.

Had to have 2 new rear shockers for the mot this year, sailed thro apart from that.

Probably because it does about 7k miles a year ticking along off road............and stick the same tyres on and the defender will go every place your hilux will... :yes:

• Like 1

Probably because it does about 7k miles a year ticking along off road............and stick the same tyres on and the defender will go every place your hilux will... :yes:

Just got standard mud and snow tyres on it. Dont see the need for big chunky tyres when I can get pretty much everywhere I want to with them.

LR As as good as any if not better as some one said with the right tyres and the right driver lol ,

All the lr ive owned have been great just no comfort for distsnce horses for courses

The modern pick up is aimed at both markets , i owned four navaras they have problems

Their biggest being there towing capability For a 4x4 with the horse power it has it

Is shite any towing off road or up even a small incline Is low gear The highlux only has 5 gears and a redused wheel size having failed the ecap test , The new izusu is ticking all the boxes at the moment good level of kit 6 gears And. 3 ton towing allthough That would only really work on flat roads. But have had 1 ton of stone. In the tub and two ton on a. Trailar and it pulled away no problem.