Working Shows

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty terriers in the ring show signs of graft but that means f**k all. Especially when a couple of lads keep smart boxey red lakeys, that have only had hole enders.....they make fortunes off their p

the best comment is well shes my good bitch so i need at least 150 does that mean the bad bitch is worth a tenner haha

Remember goin to a show in ballinlough about 20 or so year ago.Brian Nuttal was judging and it was ran by a very well known terrier man from the North of Ireland.It came to the class for the veteran's

Plenty terriers in the ring show signs of graft but that means f**k all. Especially when a couple of lads keep smart boxey red lakeys, that have only had hole enders.....they make fortunes off their pups. Seems theres endless mugs who believe they must be good grafters cos they're scarred up. Shows attract all the idiots & the RSPCA, IMO theres nothing to be had from shows unless its just raising funds for a club

• Like 6

i like going for a day out on the beer and to get a laugh at the fellas with dogs that are fighting fecks and them all proud and then the the lads with the show dogs,and the fact that everybody there has the best dog but he will sell you it in a second haha

I should have worded my post better... shows can benefit the working terrier ( clubs.. Rescue funds) there are messers in every hunting field... And shows are taken far too seriously... But take the messers money too help the genuine dog lads and dogs out...And have a beer and a laugh at the same time ..

• Like 2

Still never see me or my dogs at a show no matter what. My dogs are as ugly as sin anyhow......they say that dogs look like their owners so thats me fooked. Shows will continue no matter what, but I think the peddlars will benefit from the shows alot more than the clubs they're funding

• Like 1

Remember goin to a show in ballinlough about 20 or so year ago.Brian Nuttal was judging and it was ran by a very well known terrier man from the North of Ireland.It came to the class for the veteran's and i had brought along an old dog with me that had seen it all and worked up until his last days.As my daughter who was 5 at the time entered the ring the judge ran over to her straight away and ushered out of the ring saying she could not show the dog as he was too badly marked up.This dog was adout 14 at the time and had worked hard all his life so bound to have some battle scars,the same class was won by another well known terrier man from the north and not a hair out of place on the said dog.I seen the same man judge a show in castlebellingham a few year back and he also tried to do the same with a man and his border dog which was overturned and the border went on to win over all .I mentioned earlier the judge put my daughter out,it was not BN it was the arsehole from the north that put her out.That was the only time i ever tried to show a dog and it was only to keep the young one happy.Shows are alright for a bit of banter and crac but some people get carried away with them.

• Like 3

Waterford and Tipperary used to be great around a decade ago.

Waterford was a very good show,plenty of working stuff at them and also lads that worked there dogs not posers.

Does PD run this show? if so had a real good day there a few years back.

I love the shows and i am lucky enough to have good looking russel dog that works and does well in the ring,and lets be honest who dosent get a kick out of getting a red rosette or a trophy??But a word of warning a friend of mine will no longer go to shows,he believes he was followed home after a show and had some dogs stolen ,never to be seen again!So enjoy the shows ,but keep your wits about you and put a couple of diversions in on your way home!!!

• Like 1