• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

young bitch ,8 months old,cuming on great

Posted Images

I really like the look of her,you have her in superb order and looks like your doing a grand job bringing her on ... has she been easy to train so far? How is she with livestock? Just wondering with having so much sighthound in her that's all. ATB Andy

Our family has had a lot of dogs and she has so far been the hardest! I've been very careful introducing her to stock but I've had her out for a few miles today walked her round some sheep on the lead! Se was very good so I finally took the plunge and let her off! She stayed at my side and never gave them a second glance!

The recall has been hardest although the last few weeks she has noticeably matured! Se has had a tendency of going through a stage of being fab to been a night mare and me pulling my hair out! But If I showed one bit of annoyance she picked up on it and stood off so patience patience and abit more patience seems to be paying off!

A friend bred the dog! She has ( from what ive been told) some good whippet blood in her and I'm not sure about the saluki side and the grey blood in her was ex track stuff! She seems to have good stamina comes running with me about happy to run 4 miles at side of me and go charging round when we get to a cross country bit and would go again! She should be bang on for next season

They all go through that "teenage" rebellious stage Rogue,they should come with a box of Valium when you get a pup lol..I have two littermates at the moment now 5 1/2 month,Saluki x's been brilliant upto press,brilliant with livestock,jumping great,recall excellent,travel superb BUT I've had dogs long enough to know that the hair I have left that ain't grey won't be long in matching the rest lol...you feel at the time all the hours spent training was for nothing but as you said you just have to be patient although it is difficult and they will come out of it and your blood pressure will drop haha...oh the joys!

• Like 2

Haha I love the challenge and when she gets her head down and starts running I can see its going to be worth it!

When she nailed that bunny I was chuffed to bits! I whip in to hounds aswell so I enjoy the thrill of the chase! Obviously drag hunting with the hounds though :-)

She doesn't travel well at the moment although she is getting better! Any tips for settling their stomachs before going in the car? Obviously I don't feed her but anything else would be great

All I would advise Rogue is short trips and often..mine are out in the motor every day and have been since I got them at 7 weeks old and from that day on a 150 mile trip they were spot on..I could take these two anywhere without a bother,no standing up,paddling,slavering or chewing..dogs like a routine and pups even more so...

• Like 1