Were Do You Buy Cheep Seeds ?

now the planting seasons starting (started ) ,where do people buy thier seeds from ? , i only ever try and buy cheep seeds and over the years ive done pretty well and had some great results, ive been looking over the last few weeks and found some pretty good bargains ,WILKOS do a very good range of seeds and ive never had a problem with them ,this year the same as most years they are offering a good deal ,if you buy 3 pkts of seeds you get your cheepest FREE, they also do a great range of other garden products ,weed killer ,tools and ,fertalisers ect .

the other place i buy from is LIDL , they sell seeds from as little as 29p ,last year i grew over 1000 plants from thier budget range seeds ,i grew ,dalias,marigolds ,cosmos,lavatara,nastrum,livingston daisys + veg plants .

ive also bought seeds from the pound shop ,at the moment they are selling 4pkts of seeds for £1, its not a great range but they are cheep if your on a budget ,they are also selling dalia bulbs 4 for £1 witch are good value .

please feel free to add any places you know that are doing bargains .

atb and happy planting .....jim

We where in dobbies and i nearly bricked it when i saw there prices 20 pence each seed potato or £4.99 a bag packets of seeds £2.99 or £3.99 got mine at the pound shop two packets for a quid

Edited by The one

just ordered a cpl of seed catalogues of the net, never bought from any before but worth a deek , i already have one from king seeds and ordered catalogues from marshalls and dt browns just for ideas :thumbs:

ordered them yesterday so hopefully here tomorrow :thumbs:

Some seeds from the pounds shops are fine if you like the variety of the plant you wish to grow. I like growing unusual varieties of veg, for example, I grow three types of beetroot normal red, white and yellow and this year I will be growing Chioggia which is a striped beetroot. Same with Raddish last year aswell as the normal french breakfast I grew winter raddish for the first time they are seriously hot.

Some seed sellers on ebay source their seeds from companies that pass on last years seeds. Fine for some seeds but not for others Parsnip seeds are only viable for a year for example. Another good aspect of buying them from pound shops and the such is that you get reduced numbers of seeds in the packet so you are not paying for seeds that you will not use.

TC

Edited by tiercel