Last Trip Out.... Visit From Plod

Went out today on some genuine pemission :yes: me, rm2508 and our mate steady eddie with the whippet x beddie and the ripped welly :laugh:

Somebody called the almighty plod....and to be fair they were sound :yes:

We named who we had permission off...and they agreed they was the name they had for the land...

And went on their way...tip toeing over the mud :yes::laugh:

Nets up the rest of the holes, last ones of the day....farmer come out the back of his house....

Says we dont have permission..."aye we do" :yes:

'Well she doesnt own the land, my good mate owns it and i havent been able to get in touch with him for over 2 weeks'....some 'good mate' :laugh:

'Ive got birds down in that wood' :hmm: 'and your destroying my shooting'....

"Ok, we will leave it for today" nice and polite.....a "fcuk off" would have been more appropriate :feck:

But professional and polite we are :yes:

Back to the guy we got permission off...says he doesnt have any rights to throw us off...just a jumped up tw@t who thinks he owns all tbe land in the area :yes:

So called it a day.... 3 caught, 4 missed due to very hard areas to net....whippet hit a boulder on the 'strike'....not hurt...luckily :yes:....

A grazed nose of my mates beddy/whippet courtesy of a fence....

A 2foot dig for the dog after a rabbit :laugh:

And a nice visit from our friends in blue.

3 dogs came with us today...too many...i know...but a last ferreting trip 'run out' for our ferreting dogs :thumbs:

Few pictures from today...

20130303_110159_zps27926286.jpg

20130303_110205_zpsca063215.jpg

20130303_115550_zps2f539bba.jpg

20130303_120429_zpse4b8f0df.jpg

20130303_120811_zpsedb005b5.jpg

20130303_131312_zpsd0fec2ac.jpg

2 foot dig after a rabbit.....cant guarantee it was 2 foot...maybe one... :laugh:

20130303_132315_zps7f09bfa5.jpg

20130303_133637_zps5e761b8b.jpg

20130303_150215-1_zps73563756.jpg

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket
  • Like 2

Good going, yes the sporting days are all but done , lots of fat rabbits ready to drop here and puff balls quicker than the eye , hope they pull through the VHD guys as it's on the march north slow and steady , I'm yet to look at a permission knocked bad by it two seasons ago have hardly touched the place so will be interesting to see the recovery or still infected animals ???? Happy holidays all ,

• Like 1

Nice going mate that you making a fashion statement tucking your camo's into your socks and trainers :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That'll be me, ground wasn't too bad, they are waterproof & light with a vibram sole, had the wellies just incase, but they were suffice. :thumbs:

Were they hunter wellies??

Nope!!

Ahhh...i get it :laugh:

:laugh: quality but got to say I wear hunters got two pair for £25 of a guy on here who's cousin works for hunter and got to say you feel the difference in the support and one pair lasted me 3 yr still got the second pair.

• Like 1

I'm a Dunlop kind of guy. Last for ages and keep your feet warm!

Good quality wellies are a must for any fieldsport activity, neoprene lining is the way forward for comfort & warmth. :thumbs:

I'm a Dunlop kind of guy. Last for ages and keep your feet warm!

Good quality wellies are a must for any fieldsport activity, neoprene lining is the way forward for comfort & warmth. :thumbs:

Got to agree...although for me forking out the big bucks for wellies is a no no :bad:

Im happy with the ones ive got... stockhill wellies...

Under 40 quid...neoprene lined...and like most wellies...waterproof :thumbs:

Used all winter....but now the better weathers coming...ill be moving onto boots :thumbs: