Is all the traps in trap making step by step in the traps and more trap making

Hi Ferrets. I'm the author of both of these books and I'm happy to tell you more about them. I probably don't count as a truly independent review though ;)

When I first got interested in trap making I wanted to buy a book that told me how traps worked, how they could be built and some simple plans that I could follow. The trouble was I couldn't fine one. There were lots of books giving rough dimensions, with illustrations or pictures, but nothing with any detail. In the end I just had to work most of it out through research and trial and error and at the end of it all it seemed like a good idea to publish what I'd learned. Trap Making Step by Step is the book which I would have bought, if it had been written at the time. If you look on the website there's a lots of information about what the book covers but essentially there are plans for cage traps, seesaw box traps (lots of topics on here about that), drop boxes, Larsen traps, ladders traps and pigeon traps. It is not and was never intended to be any sort of comprehensive trapping bible, it's about Trap Making.

http://www.fourteenacre.co.uk/shop/trap-making-step-by-step/

Traps and More Trap Making is a completely new book on the same subject. There is no direct repetition of the first book although some of the same topics are covered using different approaches. For example TMSbS has a detailed plan for a wooden frame top entry Larsen Trap. MTMSbS has plans for wire mesh, side entry Larsen Traps using 3 different types of doors and triggers.

​MTMSbS also covers the main UK Approved spring traps for anyone who is unfamiliar with any or all of them. It covers the law, the practicalities of how to set and use, plus some of the accessories which you can buy and a few plans for some that you can make. There's also a crash course in the basics of mole traps and mole trapping.

Other plans in the book are the Larsen (as mentioned), a fly trap, a crayfish trap which has been given the 'OK' by the Environment Agency, and a mesh bender for making uniform, professional cages and cage traps.

The final chapter is a quick revisit to TMSbS just to add a few things which would have been in it if I'd known them at the time.

This book, like TMSbS, was extensively proof read by experienced UK trappers before it went to print.

http://www.fourteenacre.co.uk/shop/traps-more-trap-making/

Cheers

John

Vot meeks ye tink he,s dronking????

OK, mirth out of the way, the books by JB are good.

In fact, they are the best books on the subject written by anyone so far.

Even if you think you know everything there is to know about traps and trapping, these little green gems are worth adding to your bookshelf.

Right, I'm off to drink whatever Ferrets has been on. It may not be orgasmic, but it could even out my week.