Tysons Next Bum..

Sorry lads neither of you pair must know anything about the fighter you're slagging off.

He's an ex world champion! And a very experienced fighter! This isn't a bad fight for Tyson Fury considering where he is in his career at the moment.

Don't let the fact that he's an ex Cruiserweight fool you. David Haye, Tomsz Adamek, John Ruiz, and the excellent Evander Holyfield are/were ex Cruiserweights.

• Like 2

Sorry lads neither of you pair must know anything about the fighter you're slagging off.

He's an ex world champion! And a very experienced fighter! This isn't a bad fight for Tyson Fury considering where he is in his career at the moment.

Don't let the fact that he's an ex Cruiserweight fool you. David Haye, Tomsz Adamek, John Ruiz, and the excellent Evander Holyfield are/were ex Cruiserweights.

Agreed.

He's an experienced fighter with 30 bouts to his name. 25 wins, 5 losses, 12 of his wins by knockout. He's certainly no bum lads.

• Like 1

As an ex-fighter myself ( Thai boxing ), I strongly object to any fighter being called a "bum". A fighter may not be the most skilled or the fastest or have the hardest punch, but it ALWAYS takes a brave man to step into a ring. In there you are on your own - you stand or fall solely on your own heart, guts and determination.

if you doubt me, try it, test yourself and see what you're really made of!!And if you want to know which punch hurts the most , I can tell you - it's any one that hits you.

Some opponents may be pawns in boxing politics, but that doesn't mean they are anything but true warriors.

Sorry for ranting, but it's a subject close to my heart.

• Like 1

As an ex-fighter myself ( Thai boxing ), I strongly object to any fighter being called a "bum". A fighter may not be the most skilled or the fastest or have the hardest punch, but it ALWAYS takes a brave man to step into a ring. In there you are on your own - you stand or fall solely on your own heart, guts and determination.

if you doubt me, try it, test yourself and see what you're really made of!!And if you want to know which punch hurts the most , I can tell you - it's any one that hits you.

Some opponents may be pawns in boxing politics, but that doesn't mean they are anything but true warriors.

Spot on :good: .

LIkewise...............but i cant agree " all fighters are brave men/warriors " etc etc..................thats rubbish.

It doesnt take a brave man to do what comes natural................it takes a brave man to do what doesnt come natural ;)

• Like 4

LIkewise...............but i cant agree " all fighters are brave men/warriors " etc etc..................thats rubbish.

It doesnt take a brave man to do what comes natural................it takes a brave man to do what doesnt come natural ;)

I know plenty of lads who've given it billy big bollox and then when they've got in the ring it certainly didn't come natural to them and they wanted to get out.

• Like 1

I know plenty of lads who've given it billy big bollox and then when they've got in the ring it certainly didn't come natural to them and they wanted to get out.

I couldn't agree more!! It's very lonely inside those ropes !!

hed be btter fighting dale wintons bum it would prob put up a better fight

If you think you could do better, I know there are shedloads of good boxing clubs all over Northern Ireland. Like I've said - give it a try ! Have a go with a professional boxer, then see what you think !!

very true...well put

hed be btter fighting dale wintons bum it would prob put up a better fight

If you think you could do better, I know there are shedloads of good boxing clubs all over Northern Ireland. Like I've said - give it a try ! Have a go with a professional boxer, then see what you think !!

Cant be very good clubs if they,ll allow a stranger off the streets to walk in and swap it out with a pro ;) .........its silly to do all the " if you think your hard enough " talk............everyone has opinions it dont mean they think they can do better !......

The bravery thing in regards to boxing is nonsense it doesnt take a brave person to do something you love doing.....ive traded with some decent names and had my back to the wall in tough gruelling contests...........but im f****d if id fancy standing on the front line in Afghanistan thats not for me !....for some fighting comes as natural as night and day it can be gutsy/game.......but its nothing to do with being brave.