A Season,d Rabbit

where i usually take the dogs out for a quick shine you can do it in an hour,there,s hardly any rabbits there and what rabbits their is are quite hard to catch and everyone with a dog also works this land so any rabbits are lamp shy.now for the last 3 nights in the same field in the same spot a single rabbit has out witted my dog it knows every trick in the book even with my help ie shaking the lamp and standing in its path it twists and turns just as the dog strikes or stops dead and you can see my dog getting frustrated even though hes had hundreds of rabbits its nice to see a season,d rabbit after a good run make its escape 3 times :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_eek: so my question is have any of you lads have any stories to tell on hard to catch bunnies :thumbs:

Had a rabbit that outwitted my dog every time- half a dozen runs on this thing and she just couldn't pick it up. I thought maybe it was just my dog being useless even though she does ok so borrowed a friend's dog...half a dozen runs with him...no rabbit to show for the effort. Knew it was the same bunny as it had a white marking that made it rather distinctive.

Chased that rabbit for over a month with two different dogs that both caught plenty of other rabbits in the meantime with no luck!

How do you know it's the same rabbit?

i knew someone woud say that i dont really but it seems strange that its always in the exact spot and you never see more than 2 rabbits in this feild and last 3 nights theres only been 1 rabbit in the same spot :thumbs:
ha ha there's always to night lad ) it'll be more excitin for you both when she gets it . I've had a couple like that lately shifty little buggers usually just say b*****d and have a we smile )
  • Like 1

i knew someone woud say that i dont really but it seems strange that its always in the exact spot and you never see more than 2 rabbits in this feild and last 3 nights theres only been 1 rabbit in the same spot :thumbs:
ha ha there's always to night lad ) it'll be more excitin for you both when she gets it . I've had a couple like that lately shifty little buggers usually just say b*****d and have a we smile )

there used to be another one in a wheat field with a single telegraph pole in it,it was early morn and just going light this rabbit gets up infront of me the dogs all over it the rabbit ran towards the pole with the dog no more than 2ft behind it,next thing the dogs jumping around ears pricked looking for the rabbit now i searched every where lookig for a hole but there wasnt on so rang me mate and told him what had happened he said is it by the telegraph pole it s done it to me :laugh:

there used to be another one in a wheat field with a single telegraph pole in it,it was early morn and just going light this rabbit gets up infront of me the dogs all over it the rabbit ran towards the pole with the dog no more than 2ft behind it,next thing the dogs jumping around ears pricked looking for the rabbit now i searched every where lookig for a hole but there wasnt on so rang me mate and told him what had happened he said is it by the telegraph pole it s done it to me :laugh:
pmsl brilliant )

I've not had a rabbit that stood out particularly had a old fox near me that lived on the quarry had one eye an a nearly all silver back chased it for about six months pushed it out in the it always made it self safe never had a run on it at night always stays on the edge off cover then one day it was flat as a pancake on the road was actually really gutted that was the way it died as it was a cracking animal out did me every time

Not a rabbit but a vixen has evaded me the last 3 years and has evaded the hounds and lots of shooting days even working the sets on this land and she will never be home I just gave up trying too get her the worst of it is the farmer sees her every day