Best Cross Beddy Or Wheaton

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a bitch of mine, pics taken recently , about 25 TTS and just under 60lbs when fit      

The kennel blindness on here is amazing,so far beddy crosses are the only dogs that can catch. Wheaten crosses can't run. An bullxs need a 4x4. Some you folks need to get out with some better dogs and

w

Posted Images

I have owned a three quarter greyhound bedlington and a three quater whippet bedlington both were excellent working dogs. I have also taken two Wheaton terrier lurchers on trial the first killed the first sheep it saw the second one switched from coursing a hare to to coursing a sheep, thankfully my mate pulled it off the sheep before it killed it . Needless to say I did not bother with either of the two. Wheaton lurchers.

I have owned a three quarter greyhound bedlington and a three quater whippet bedlington both were excellent working dogs. I have also taken two Wheaton terrier lurchers on trial the first killed the first sheep it saw the second one switched from coursing a hare to to coursing a sheep, thankfully my mate pulled it off the sheep before it killed it . Needless to say I did not bother with either of the two. Wheaton lurchers.

in that case i would suggest rearing one from pup. not trialing someone elses mistakes :thumbs:

• Like 6

in that case i would suggest rearing one from pup. not trialing someone elses mistakes :thumbs:

well said :thumbs:

just a thought but how many of you have had both :hmm: as it is easy to say beddy. but means f all if you arnt able to compare :thumbs:

only been out with 2 wheaton crosses and what i seen of them didnt impress me thats why i would stick with the beddys jmo dare say there is good wheatons and bad beddys just comparing in what i have seen :thumbs:

Why does it depend on what you use them for ? I have seen both breeds working and for the size and weight of both breeds the beddyx is pound for pound an outstanding breed on any form of quarry

i think you may have hit the nail on the head with the pound for pound analogy.

beddy crosses won't come near the wheaton x for size and power - so the bigger the game the better off you are with a bigger dog. no one wants a long drawn out struggle.

• Like 2

i seem to have been outvoted! haha

where's the wheaton boys when i need them??

just to be clear, you are saying that the best of the best beddy x can do same things, in same style as the best wheaton X

my friends in ireland who do a lot of fox work generally have wheaton and/or bull x, just an observation

• Like 1

i seem to have been outvoted! haha

where's the wheaton boys when i need them??

just to be clear, you are saying that the best of the best beddy x can do same things, in same style as the best wheaton X

my friends in ireland who do a lot of fox work generally have wheaton and/or bull x, just an observation

been out with wheaton crosses and beddy crosses not much in them as for being stronger not having that one mate and they can and do kill fast think your thinking of a small beddy whippet i am taking a 26/27 tts greyhound beddy different animal .atb

• Like 1