Sign in to follow this  
fieldsportsman

Shooting Fox With A Shotgun

What we are trying to put across is two different case scenarios .You write about the chance shot at a fox at close range which weve all took ,whilst im banging on about the near consuming job of fox control,intended fox control with only that in mind .Im glad you would set out with bbs when intentionally foxing because that is what im on about .

Thought for a while you were getting at the fact that foxes were to be shot at on sight regardless of weapon and my post was directed at those who may be swayed by that .

like you said theres those out there that will wound with a cf but theres also a lot more that would wound and disregard any attempt at a follow up with a shotgun .

OK we agree thank you. I try and write with impartiality but always from experience. I am not a dedicated fox shooter as my role and interests involve many forms of fox and vermin control, but I have no intention to do anything other than assist others.

For those that still might doubt what I say, then re-read what I wrote.

Thanks Foxdropper and all the best.

Well i always carry 2 shot guns when after Fox one with BB and one with 7 shot for other stuff, and then i'm always backed up with my 243 for long shots and on my other shoulder i got my 308 just incase i stumble across the odd Wild Boar, and of course i got my 17HMR for the rabbits. LMFAO. And some times i take my 223 thats just so i am covered for all events.

The insinuation that a .223 is acceptable for wild boar is completely irresponsible - go to your room!

Edited by Yokel Matt

The vision of you struggling under all that firepower is daunting mate .Take the 308 that will do all before it then some.Any reds showing mate .?

The vision of you struggling under all that firepower is daunting mate .Take the 308 that will do all before it then some.Any reds showing mate .?

Yes everywhere but as yet not caught up with one, but now the pheasants are finished the Reds will be more settled.

The implication that a .223 is acceptable for wild boar is completely irresponsible - go to your room!

Matt i never said i was going to shoot the Boar with the 223.i carry it incase i wound one with the 7 shot and then i can club it to death with the 223 . i dont like wasting bullets :boogy:

Edited by THE STALKER

This all reminds me of a few chaps that were chatting about the bees they kept.........

1st chap.....I've got 2,000 bees and keep them in 3 hives

2nd chap....I've got 30,000 bees and keep them in 12 hives

3rd chap.....Well,I've got 1 million bees and keep them in 1 hive

1st & 2nd chaps......I million bees and only 1 hive FFS

3rd chap.......Yeah f**k 'em their only bees!

This all reminds me of a few chaps that were chatting about the bees they kept.........

:toast:

Smokey

They're three shit beekeepers.