Drop Nets?

Sorley x

Probably best to start this way round.

I have permission over a few fields which are border a park and ride scheme, by dint of which they are also overlooked by houses. Now I can't really shoot or lamp in these fields, they are pretty small and overlooked by nice suburban houses. I am a novice when it comes to long netting but I have been watching these fields andcan't see how it would be possible to set a long net down the hedgerow without spooking all the bunnies (the fields are always semi-lit by the car park).

I would like to get hold of some drop nets so that i can set them and get the bunnies as they return (best laid plans and all that). Would I be right in thinking this is a good way to approach these critters?

Am I right iin thinking that there is a guy up in scotland that makes the best drop nets? If so does anyone know where I can get these from?

Thank you

:signthankspin:

Sounds like a plan to me :good: although I have never done it.

I have a similar bit of permission that I've had the same idea about but not yet done anything about it. I have this idea for a cheap drop net that I must get round to trying out .......

:whistling: :whistling:

sorely, just an idea but what about any prying eyes that may see you setting and more importantly leaving the net there unattended they could hve it away in a matter of minutes and its not like there cheap either.

cheers,

maty.

Ahhh yep that is a fair point Maty. There are enough fields roundabout that I will lamp/airgun whislt I am waiting. Also the Undergrowth round the Park n ride is that thick that almost no one will get through it (I have, naturally found a way through - would have been rude not to at least have a look. Problem is they have CCTV there :no: ).

The houses although all over looking the fields are unliely to investigate what I am doing. To them probably look like some chap fencing late. Or they just won't see. As opposed to hearing shots or seeing a bl00dy bright beam sweeping round the back of their gardens.

Besises I need to do something, I can't get on top of these critters with airgun alone. Can't ferret the as other side of fence (don't forget cameras now) and laping is out too. The farmer is understably wanting to have some return on letting me loose.

Thanks

I'd just exercise the utmost caution when leaving your rig. I set up a fair old way from a footpath (obviously well out of sight) and had mine properly messed up. If there's houses nearby you're bound to get rumbled somehow... i'd just wait until the best conditions presents itself (drizzle with wind in the right direction) and do a night set when the rabbits are well out to feed... that way you can creep up the hedgerow without being busted. I'd certainly reccomed practicing the set up before hand and clear the set of and shite thats likely to get caught up in the net. Good luck bud :victory:

Problem is field is not that big and at night has house lights one side and the lights from park n ride the otherside. Damned difficult to do any sneaking at all. I could hold out for a real pea-souper of a fog i guess. But if I am going to buy some nets figure may as well go the extra bit and get some drop nets.

I WOULD DEFINATLY NOT USE A DROP NET HERE :no: . ITS TO CLOSE TO HOUSES , AND AS ALREADY BEEN SAID SOMONE WILL FECK IT UP.

SHOOT WITH THE AIR GUN. YOU HAVE PERMISION SO THERE IS NO PROBS, ALSO YOU SAY THERE ARE LIGHTS ON AT NIGHT, SO NO NEED TO LAMP

GO AT 4 AM JUST AS ITS BREAKING DAWN . YOUR ALOT LESS LIKLY TO BE SEEN.

snaring this close to houses? :no:

house = cat + snare = cat in snare= pissed off cat owner= police involvement = bad press for yet another good pest control method= more amunition against snaring = total ban both north and south of the border. :thumbdown::doh:

whilst on the subjet of a ban on snaring, am i correct in thinking scotish parliment are pushing for a ban on snaring?

Snaring had crossee my mind, but the fence line is - in daylight just 50/60 yards from gardens and hpuses all overlook it. Plus there is an annoying yorkie that comes running out across the field to hunt.

Snaring would just be asking for a whole heap of trouble.

I see Brinded's nets aren't cheap :icon_eek: