Selling My Mule Cage

thats horrible

Granted its not an appealing colour.....

But a lick of paint or a sand and varnish would bring it right up.

Whats the crack with these cages cocker?

Are they traditional....or does the design have a purpose?...

What im trying to say is.....

Will and ordinary budgie cage do the same....

Or is thete something different about these?

The thinking(and to be honest there is truth in it)is a mule will have nothing to do but concentrate on it's song,no distractions like flitting from perch to perch just sit and sing and some say the song is longer and louder with a cooped up bird than one with a bit of space in a bigger cage.Myself i think it's a bollocks thing to do with any animal and you'd have to be some fecking expert to say a bird would have sung longer and louder if it had been in a small cage and bollocks to being that anal about it :laugh: .

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...

The thinking(and to be honest there is truth in it)is a mule will have nothing to do but concentrate on it's song,no distractions like flitting from perch to perch just sit and sing and some say the song is longer and louder with a cooped up bird than one with a bit of space in a bigger cage.Myself i think it's a bollocks thing to do with any animal and you'd have to be some fecking expert to say a bird would have sung longer and louder if it had been in a small cage and bollocks to being that anal about it :laugh: .

This type of 'Cage' is meant for putting the Bird in to sing, when hung on a Wall or in a Conservatory. Which is why guys like to have them as elaborate and pleasing to the Eye as they can get (some are real works of Art). It isn't designed for it to live in, on a permanent basis. Although, this one, is very big for that purpose and you might need an outside Wall to fix it to, to take the weight.......lol. Some parts of the World must do a Goldie Pit Bull cross.

Edited by Shamo

Ya it's true matey a small cage will not give the bird distractions and some have enclosed sides so the bird cannot see another and the song will be truer

That's a load of bollock's mate..how can a unfit bird sing better and longer than a fit active bird..i have two mule's together with more than enough distraction's and they sing there heart's out just about all day inbetween fighting.. :D ..

And here is the mule cage i keep my mules in.. :thumbs: ..and i would put money on it that they sing as good as one kept in a match box..but the singing will go for a lot longer with out break's inbetween. :yes:

8ft long x 8ft high x 4ft wide

mulecage003_zps1898e01c.jpg

mulecage004_zpsa26ac667.jpg

• Like 2

This type of 'Cage' is meant for putting the Bird in to sing, when hung on a Wall or in a Conservatory. Which is why guys like to have them as elaborate and pleasing to the Eye as they can get (some are real works of Art). It isn't designed for it to live in, on a permanent basis. Although, this one, is very big for that purpose and you might need an outside Wall to fix it to, to take the weight.......lol. Some parts of the World must do a Goldie Pit Bull cross.

Well mate i'm yet to meet ANYONE who has a mule or mules in a cage or cages like that that don't keep them in them 24/7,not saying there isn't folk who swap them over into a bigger flight but i've sure as sh*t never met one yet.

:toast: Good man Shamo and would you say your mules do sing harder when in the cages or when there in the flights?,just asking because your the only man i've been able to ask the question who has the knowledge in his yard :thumbs:

• Like 1

Im brand new to this bird keeping caper so im only talking from opinion as opposed to knowledge.............but in my understanding of getting the best of what an animal has to offer you cant force it out of them,and even if you can you shouldnt..............lets face it,if keeping a lurcher in a 3x3 foot cardboard box for 3 months meant that the day you let it out it would run like f**k......would you do it ?......i know i couldnt.

I had a couple of these mule cages for xmas i only had birds in them a few weeks and that was it id seen enough.......i dont care if they do make the bird sing better i value my conscience more than my hearing if im that desperate to hear their song i,ll buy a cd !

• Like 3