223 Or 22-250 For Foxing?

Opinion seems to be that the 22-250 is superb, but you will need a replacement barrel every year??

Not exp, just when I researched the same issue.

My advice, .223 and a session on the range to draw a trajectory graph for the gun/ammo.

Congratulations ! :boogy: You are leading in the 2013 facts i should not of posted ,

I have just sold my .22/250 as my .17fireball is now my preference, as it is faster than a .22/250 that must mean the barrels only last 6 months ? :whistling:

na two months.. lol

mark

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New barrel every year?? :laugh: This is a myth started by people who know feck all. I've been shooting one flat out for the past 7 years. I wouldn't like to be a fox at 300 yards yet! For normal sho

Congratulations ! You are leading in the 2013 facts i should not of posted ,   I have just sold my .22/250 as my .17fireball is now my preference, as it is faster than a .22/250 that must mean th

Bullet selection is exactly the same,they both fire a .224 bullet,and dont make me laugh,NEW BARREL EVERY YEAR,a keeper freind of mine has one he has used 4 or 5 nights a week for 15 years and it is s

Posted Images

Just a bit of crack, I've got a .22-250 that's over 20 years old now, and still the same barrel, and use it regular, I think it's when you use it hot not giving it a chance to cool down that wears it out quicker, as mentioned before. I wished I was well enough off to burn a barrel out every year, that would take a good few grand. :thumbs:

The sort of reasoned feedback I expected :victory: :victory: , trying to dispell myths is sometimes a little difficult.

post-41670-0-42800600-1359143265.gif

Just a bit of crack, I've got a .22-250 that's over 20 years old now, and still the same barrel, and use it regular, I think it's when you use it hot not giving it a chance to cool down that wears it out quicker, as mentioned before. I wished I was well enough off to burn a barrel out every year, that would take a good few grand. :thumbs:

The sort of reasoned feedback I expected :victory: :victory: , trying to dispell myths is sometimes a little difficult.

Where's the arse emoticon gone, you ought to be removed from life for being illegitimatly irresponsible, bob you are a pratt, recover.

Edited by cyclonebri1

Where's the arse emoticon gone, you ought to be removed from life for being illegitimatly irresponsible, bob you are a pratt, recover.

Oh come on now, new barrel every year expert, that's not very nice! post-41670-0-93013000-1359163206.gif