Security

OK, with all the thefts going on at the moment, I'm thinking about adding some security around the place and could do with some advice.

Before anyone suggests it, a guard dog is out of the question, there are currently more dogs than people in this place and I just haven't got the space or the time to have another dog.

I'm thinking about extra lighting, but electricity is a bit of a problem. Are there solar powered PIR lights available? If so, how much and where from, and has anyone got any recommendations.

Then there is CCTV. I quite like the idea of a couple of cameras around the place, what is the best option, and again, where from and how much?

We all need to think about security in these hard times, especially when you read about Ferrets, Dogs and other kit getting nicked every day. Sadly, this site can be viewed by anyone (you don't even need to log in) and I suspect that we've probably all given away too much information at one time or another.

cameras are best if you can have them in a house and pointing out a window, as thief's will push them towards the sky with a brush while wearing a hood or shoot them with air rifles!!! they are a good prevention tho and wont hurt............ security lights dont hurt either but again only a prevention............you need good solid kennels with proper locks on...........i had to get in a garage the other week that had two padlocks on and the woman had lost the keys..........they were shity Chinese locks and i was in in two minutes with my bolt croppers!!!!!

• Like 1

I've got 2 cameras and a fair few old dud cams that i just drilled in,free from work.

also anti-vandal tar keeps people from prying,and could possibly be used to identify someone after they get in, worth having for what it costs.

I've got CCTV aswell as a good number of dummy cameras just so it looks like a better set up than it really is.

PIR floodlights.

Heavy duty padlocks on kennels.

I've got carpet grippers on all the fences.

Garage and shed linked into house alarm.

Atb.

I've got CCTV aswell as a good number of dummy cameras just so it looks like a better set up than it really is.

PIR floodlights.

Atb.

But don't tell anyone! :huh:

• Like 5

PIR floodlights.

Atb.

But don't tell anyone! :huh:

:laugh: :laugh:

>This< is a great little idea if ever I could get the thing to work. You can use Caller ID to "name" your phone(s) locations, gates or sheds etc. (Your man with the site is a pure anti mind).

Alarm mines if your neighbours aren't too close by. Punji pits if they are, the screaming might bother them mind.

Machine gun nests and minefields if you can get away with it.

Edited by JohnGalway

Where are you fella? I do street lighting for a living, there are some lights with very low running costs, if you're not too far I'm sure I could knock a a couple up from stuff lying about in the yard, and fit them for you.

That's a very kind offer, but I'm a long way from Kent.

>This< is a great little idea if ever I could get the thing to work. You can use Caller ID to "name" your phone(s) locations, gates or sheds etc. (Your man with the site is a pure anti mind).

Alarm mines if your neighbours aren't too close by. Punji pits if they are, the screaming might bother them mind.

Machine gun nests and minefields if you can get away with it.

That looks good John. The only problem is that there is now mobile signal around here.

The other ideas may or may not already be in use :whistling:

How about a movement sensor camera,small discreet, I know a lot of the keepers are starting to use them around their kennels

The way things have been around here lately, the bloody things would be nicked!

I quite like the idea of a wireless CCTV system. Any ideas folks? What's good and what's not?

CCTV and security lights wont stop the pikeys. There is only 2 things that really work, the best one, you said you don't want, and the other is alarms on gates.......

My grandad used to have an old pull pin style rape alarm fixed to a gate post and some fishing line fixed to the gate.... open the gate = pulled pin. them alarms are loud at night wold give the horrible c**nts a heart attack......

• Like 1

CCTV and security lights wont stop the pikeys. There is only 2 things that really work, the best one, you said you don't want, and the other is alarms on gates.......

My grandad used to have an old pull pin style rape alarm fixed to a gate post and some fishing line fixed to the gate.... open the gate = pulled pin. them alarms are loud at night wold give the horrible c**nts a heart attack......

Good idea that! :thumbs: i know you said about the electricity problem but we have security lights that when set off send an alarm to a receiver in the bedrooms...wakes you up and gives you enough time. Strong padlocks, warning signs etc will help.

Good idea that! :thumbs: i know you said about the electricity problem but we have security lights that when set off send an alarm to a receiver in the bedrooms...wakes you up and gives you enough time. Strong padlocks, warning signs etc will help.

That sounds interesting Ruby. Any details on your system please?