Le Chameau mouflon plus boots.

What a cracking thread maty. I know its been at your expense but its opened my eyes to stay clear! the wife was planning on getting me some for my Birthday next month but not now, I know it could be a one off but it will be Interesting to see how the Manufacturer responds to this! its alot of dosh and you expect alot better :yes:....

Cheers

Jasper

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Mate

Sorry to hear about your boot troubles and best of luck getting your money back.

I dont know if you've considered Rocky boots as an alternative, ive had a pair for hunting for two years now and they are excellent.

I sell them at 99 quid including carriage to a UK address if you are interested.

best of luck either way :victory::victory:

Onelesscharlie

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I understand you may have made things worse by putting the nixwax on them in the first place. Given that they have a goretex liner you have to use compatible products on them. Normal treatments just blocks the pores in the liner and can wreck the boots. That's just what i've been told when I've bought goretex stuff before. I have 2 jackets and a pair of boots of various makes and always try to use the right stuff when I'm cleaning them. I've had no problems so far. A pair of Mouflons are still on my Christmas list. A bloke I stalk with has a pair and has had no problems.

the only reason i used nikwax was because it got recomended to me. ive heard dubbin rots the stiching but not nikwax but who knows it could of been but im not convinced. what would you say to use then novice on a goretex lined boot. i used polish but tbh it didnt last long at all on the boot and the water soaked in much faster than when i used the nikwax. thinking about trying some lowas once i get my money back and they have a goretex lining. from the reveiws so far on the muck boots i think ill be grabbing some of them for real shit weather with the change i have left over from the lowas hopefully.

cheers OLC but im after an all leather boot. cheers Jasp. glad its helped you. a fella off another site said his mate had some and they went the same way yet another had some and they were fine.. considering they cost so much id expect them all to be 100% but thats just me. imagine if they went just after the warenty was up and chameau turned around said this and told you to get stuffed. by no means am i saying they would do this but it is a possibility. before i had these boots id heard nout but good about chameau but starting to think otherwise now. however there customer service could still leave them with a bit of pride in that department. as i say i couldnt find a UK email addy so sent one to france and got no responce, not suprising really though. anyway they should be with deako now and hopefully he'll get onto them and get me my money back asap so i can get some more boots sorted. just waiting for the email off him or a cheque through the letterbox now.

cheers,

maty.

Edited by maty j

i'v had a pair of the mouflon pluss for over a year and a half and they are still as good as the day i got them apart from a few scratches.

i use renapur leather balsam on them probably should do them every three months but i'v only done mine 3 times snce i got them and i use mines for ferreting,digging,fishing lamping the lot my only complaint about them is having to lace them up and although ditch made a valid point about the clips it still takes a good 5 mins so if i'm camping i just take my leather lined full zip wellies due to having to take them off and on when gettin in and out the tent.

but all in all they gat a 5 star rating from me :thumbs:

every pair of le chameau boots are hand made so there are very few faulty pairs that slip through but it dose happen i see you have found somewhere to send them if i had spotted this earlier i could of given you the address and tel number of one of their reps as it is a fault wit the seal between sole and upper i would be very surprised if they didn't offer either your money back or a replacement pair i would take a replacement pair if it happens again which i doubt it will you know they will be sorted :thumbs: good luck

Mine have been back to Le Chameau twice now. They repaired them the first time but the second time just replaced them. I love the boots but must say that they aren't the best for walking long distances. I have also found them straining my calf muscles especialy when walking steep hills. Probably wouldn't buy another pair, but they'll do for now & at least they look the business.

i couldnt care what they look like joe aslong as they dont fall apart or leak. theyve gone back to deako as i couldnt find an address in the uk. if they come back repaired i wont be best pleased!! at least they'll work and be suitable for what there sold for but it cost me a tenner to send them back and on some boots coting near enough 200 quid you just dont expect them to break let alone after 6 fecking months!! as i say think ill be getting some lowa combats and combine them with gaiters and get some of the muck boots that have had a fair few good ratings. we'll see.....

Personally I would only buy boots of well known boot makers. Scarpa, Lowa, Hanwag, Meindl etc (all german? :cry:) as at the end of the day they will have far more experiance of boots than le chameau. You will get a better boot at a cheaper price. Hiking is a much bigger industry than hunting, so it makes sense to buy from reputable walking/hiking boot makes whos whole line is in walking boots. Not sure if that makes sense lol. JMO.

H&J :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

just thought id let y'all know how this went.....or didnt as the case is. boots were semt off to john off'a decoying.co.uk by royal mail for about a tenner! could of had them gone by parcel farce at a cheaper price but the lass on the till said that buy paying the extra 50p or whatever it was there was a 90% of them getting there next day or something like that. anyway i posted them off and waited a week or so and after hearing nothing off john got intouch. he said he hadnt had anything so i kept waiting and emailing him every few days as i was getting abit concerned!! anyway im still waiting for john to get back to me saying he has them there, soooo they have vanished :hmm:

got in touch with royal mail and they fobed me off.. blah blah were very sorry have 32 fecking quid for a pair of nearly 200 quid boots!! as you can guess i wasnt too happy so RM had another letter on there way saying is there anything else thy can do. the lass on the till didnt mention and value or whatever just the speed by paying the extra!! got another letter off RM abasically saying tough shit, your fault not ours!!

in the time before getting my "compo" off RM i bought some Lowas thinking i could spend the refund on them. just hope these will perform better than fecking chameau!! one thing for sure they wont be getting my money again!! sure if i'd of payed the 50p less parcel farce have tracking numbers on everything so this wouldnt of happend, or if it did i would of had a bit more than i did.

Matty if you're looking for a top notch high leg boot you should have a look at Meindel. They do the "Army Pro" and the standard height "Army". Had a pair for years now, few mates who walk and stalk all year got them too and are well chuffed. One of them sent his back to factory to be re-soled, after 10years use!

i am onto my second or third pair of standard mouflons goretex and i have found them to be the dogs :whistling: .the first pair however ended up with the rubber detching itself from the boot after 11 monthes so i contacted le chameau who were very apologetic and virtually begged me to take a replacement which i did then i had no problems at all.i recieved a letter in the next few weeks from le chameau again apologising and saying something about glue not going off right or somat to that effect.all in all there customer service was excellant and so were the boots