Lurchers That Dont Jump

The whippet can jump most things. MOST being the important word here. She jumped a fence one night and out of the beam. Then hit it at another place in the pitch black and early knocked herself out.

My other dogs jump 100%.

Im just saying its really handy but a fecking pain in some places near motorways etc.

I would have had her jumping better but thats life. Shes here- fit and well and thinks shes an 80lb bull x :laugh:

Baw, im not getting defensive mate and wasnt referring to my dog. Just asking whos dog doesnt jump as i havent read the thread for a few days only the last page.

The way you write some things on here can come across different than you mean them too :thumbs:

Oh he means them all right :rolleyes:

Cheers, D.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different ket

Most people who don't allow or teach their dogs to jump state that it's to reduce the chance of injury and yes they do have a point. However a non jumping dog can also be injured trying to go through

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate....

Posted Images

If your dog doesnt jump your going to miss a lot of stuff. Here in Ireland fields are littered with fences so dogs need to be jumping. Feck lifting a big heavy mutt over fences all day. But if its a really hard fence where the dog might hang itself ill lift it but on the run i would exPect it to go over

Would you expect the dog to go over a fence that you lefted it over because it could have got hung?????

Yes iceman there are fences that are very difficult to jump from standing still but when running full pelt it should be a lot easier. As baw said if a dog that can jump pulls up at a fence its jacked

If your dog doesnt jump your going to miss a lot of stuff. Here in Ireland fields are littered with fences so dogs need to be jumping. Feck lifting a big heavy mutt over fences all day. But if its a really hard fence where the dog might hang itself ill lift it but on the run i would exPect it to go over

Would you expect the dog to go over a fence that you lefted it over because it could have got hung?????

Yes iceman there are fences that are very difficult to jump from standing still but when running full pelt it should be a lot easier. As baw said if a dog that can jump pulls up at a fence its jacked

Depends on the fence and the jump really some fences are just a no go but have seen dogs clear stuff that they have no right to but seen good jumps dogs get hung up and the most easys fences.When it comes to jumping think its all about the dog having believe in its self.l dog that does not are the ones that get hung

My dog is only 17tts and i use my coat on barbed wire fences for her to jump, but tbh i its a difficult fence iwill just chuck her over as she is that small and easy its nt a problem, but the majority i just make my own way and she either jumps or walks round, atleast shes finding away

Depends on the fence and the jump really some fences are just a no go but have seen dogs clear stuff that they have no right to but seen good jumps dogs get hung up and the most easys fences.When it comes to jumping think its all about the dog having believe in its self.l dog that does not are the ones that get hung

bullshit if a dog can jump a gate it can jump any fence

Yea mate I agree if you drill it into their heads from young age, pick your fences wisely and dont let them bite of more than they can chew when young. If they have the confidence should be grand. Dogs that cant jump have lacked training

• Like 2

occasionally one gets a proficient jumper that gets laxy saisy and he she may get a nick on the wire and sometimes hung up when the middle strand is tight to the top as getting lazy , this to me is just a little reminder to grt them bloody rear legs clear . there be those with the fear of hurting thereselves that hurt thereselves , if one gets my drift and there are those no nonesense types that seem to find every piece a wire in ta county then there are those , what we all wish for decent at getting aways with injury free . atb bunnys.

Dogs can make mistakes jumping too you know. It has alot to do with there footing as well.... A dog can jump the same fence everyday then one day get caught on it, simple foot slip or slight mistime. My friends best ever dog broke its front leg on a simple gate that it had jumped a hundred times.

if my dogs are at heel or not chasing they will jump on comand if the lurcher is chasing she takes every obsticle in her way as with the springer jumps on comand unless out on retreive then then she does what she has to do to get the bird back to me, my first lurcher used to take deer fences with ease and my party trick when i was a boy was get her to jump the 6ft school fence what a dog she was rip orignal chinook.

i have a dog here that came to me at 10 months, hardly having been out of the kennel, he didn't even know his name!

anyway got him jumping half heartedly, definitie improvements. Then he got hung up twice and lost all confidence.

When i leave him behind, rather than eventually jumping he'll f@ck off doing laps of the field looking for a way through.

very frustrating and i'd give anything to get him jumping because it often spoils a trip out and you do miss stuff

if my dogs are at heel or not chasing they will jump on comand if the lurcher is chasing she takes every obsticle in her way as with the springer jumps on comand unless out on retreive then then she does what she has to do to get the bird back to me, my first lurcher used to take deer fences with ease and my party trick when i was a boy was get her to jump the 6ft school fence what a dog she was rip orignal chinook.

Would love to have seen your dog jump fences designed to keep deer out... With ease tae!!!

The whippet can jump most things. MOST being the important word here. She jumped a fence one night and out of the beam. Then hit it at another place in the pitch black and early knocked herself out.

My other dogs jump 100%.

Im just saying its really handy but a fecking pain in some places near motorways etc.

I would have had her jumping better but thats life. Shes here- fit and well and thinks shes an 80lb bull x :laugh:

Baw, im not getting defensive mate and wasnt referring to my dog. Just asking whos dog doesnt jump as i havent read the thread for a few days only the last page.

The way you write some things on here can come across different than you mean them too :thumbs:

Oh he means them all right :rolleyes:

Cheers, D.

:laugh::yes::tongue2:

Would love to have seen your dog jump fences designed to keep deer out... With ease tae!!!

Must be muntjac deer fences lol. Wouldn't jump the fuckers up here...... Bolt cutters are the answer :laugh: cut bottom and go under ;)

i have a dog here that came to me at 10 months, hardly having been out of the kennel, he didn't even know his name!

anyway got him jumping half heartedly, definitie improvements. Then he got hung up twice and lost all confidence.

When i leave him behind, rather than eventually jumping he'll f@ck off doing laps of the field looking for a way through.

very frustrating and i'd give anything to get him jumping because it often spoils a trip out and you do miss stuff

Dogs feel confident jumping solid objects like wooden fences. You tried putting your jacket on the fence? Even holding down the top wire so they know where it is helps them. Whenever my dogs have hit a fence it's usually cos they are too cocky. They start jumping fences as pups clearing by miles but the more fences they jump, the closer to the wire the c**ts try to get.

• Like 1