Tracking Device

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers lads and deerman. Money doesnt matter when you can find your dogs... And find prey...   Russ.

no gear and no idea is better fredrick :laugh: :laugh: .......

hit a nerve there son hows it my claim to fame i werent driving and as for the site well what can i say i was banned lol oh i forgot ive done a bit and seen a bit

Has anybnody got any first hand experience with tracking devices for their dogs??

Thanks Russ.

yes used them for 3 years now, the garmin type

do you use them on lurchers or hounds Deerman?

I'm guessing the set up is OK if you have used for 3 years, was it expensive?

Has anybnody got any first hand experience with tracking devices for their dogs??

Thanks Russ.

yes used them for 3 years now, the garmin type

Hi mate, hope your well.... Its the gamin i have been looking at, £350 for one collar and £100 a collar their after. Would you rate these as reliable and value for money? Are they easy to use ie; would the missus be aBle to use it>???

Cheers Russ.

I use them on lurchers ,i wouldnt run my dogs now without them ,i just sold the Astra model and few extras with it .......ive just ordered the alpha 100 which is the new model out ,i paid all up with extra collar 700 and posting from states ,but the other models you will get for 300+.....its a gps with extra dog pages on it ,but theres a page with compass on it which points where dog is and tells you how far ,im ok with gps and garmin as i use them everyday in work so i can get loads out of them like how far your dog has run in total with collar on etc etc ....but your mrs will be fine with compass page ........if you get them get long range antena too as the one you get on tracker is shit and you keep losing sig with collar ......only thing about old ones is theres a 5 sec gap from sat to tracker so with fast dogs the arrow is going everywhere pointing where they are as cant keep up with dog as sig from sat coming through to slow ,but thats only if thier running,hounds are no prob thou as thier moving slower ......but all i use to do with this prob is use the distance on compass page and as distance is coming down you know your heading right direction if that makes sence...on new model theres only a 2.5 sec delay so lot better .hope this helps a bit

I use them on lurchers ,i wouldnt run my dogs now without them ,i just sold the Astra model and few extras with it .......ive just ordered the alpha 100 which is the new model out ,i paid all up with extra collar 700 and posting from states ,but the other models you will get for 300+.....its a gps with extra dog pages on it ,but theres a page with compass on it which points where dog is and tells you how far ,im ok with gps and garmin as i use them everyday in work so i can get loads out of them like how far your dog has run in total with collar on etc etc ....but your mrs will be fine with compass page ........if you get them get long range antena too as the one you get on tracker is shit and you keep losing sig with collar ......only thing about old ones is theres a 5 sec gap from sat to tracker so with fast dogs the arrow is going everywhere pointing where they are as cant keep up with dog as sig from sat coming through to slow ,but thats only if thier running,hounds are no prob thou as thier moving slower ......but all i use to do with this prob is use the distance on compass page and as distance is coming down you know your heading right direction if that makes sence...on new model theres only a 2.5 sec delay so lot better .hope this helps a bit

Its the Astra model i have been looking at. £350 + pandp from usa. You wouldnt recommend these??

thanks

Its the Astra model i have been looking at. £350 + pandp from usa. You wouldnt recommend these??

thanks

yes mate its good piece of kit ,but theres 2 newer models above them if you can afford them ,but if you want something to find your dog theres nothing wrong with it and really its only newer model with faster signal form sats ......just make sure you get the long range antena with it they about 20 quid and just unscrew one with tracker and screw new one in,,,,they saved me sometime and dogs some shit lol Edited by DEERMAN