Pup Growling

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't confront the pup with violence or taking its food away from it. Saluki types are notoriously possessive, and if you react to its growls antagonistically, or by taking its food away, its weird li

i think this is about how your interpret the pups growling, many will say that the pup is trying it on and discipline it ,wrongly in my view or is the pup showing fear either of you or your hand,  

Some cracking posts in this thread and everyone does things their own way. I never hit a dog for anything except for in-appropriate agression, be that to humans, other dogs or whatever.......jmho, bu

These sort of topics always fascinate me....hearing different folks views on whats acceptable aggression and their ways of treating it.............some folk using a common sense/learn by experience type of approach others using what they have learned in books............think ive realised theres no right and wrong way with these things its whatever works for you as ultimately you only have yourself to answer to if the dog savages you or your family its your dog and your responsibility.....one way or another the right way will be the best way that you have found...............the trick is to find it quickly before any damage is done.

• Like 1

These sort of topics always fascinate me....hearing different folks views on whats acceptable aggression and their ways of treating it.............some folk using a common sense/learn by experience type of approach others using what they have learned in books............think ive realised theres no right and wrong way with these things its whatever works for you as ultimately you only have yourself to answer to if the dog savages you or your family its your dog and your responsibility.....one way or another the right way will be the best way that you have found...............the trick is to find it quickly before any damage is done.

so whats your way gnash.?...il tell you mine an thats the dog does as i say nothing else discipline im the master some breeds ye have to be harsh with others just a stern word will do.. :thumbs: .

i wouldnt call some c**t i didnt know though just cause of a stupid shit bit of footage thats put up... :bye:

Fist of all, in a few of your posts directed at me lately I have absolutely no idea what your running off at the mouth about so you just crack on and fill your boots..........

Back on topic:

I should also have said, that again IMHO, not all breeds/types respond to the same treatment........you give certain breeds enough thrashings and they will take your arm off...........treat a saluki saturated dog the same and it will end up near on useless.........terriers dont care........

But, I am not talking about REGULAR thrashing of any animal, short sharp corrections is what I mean.

Anyway, good topic

so whats your way gnash.?...il tell you mine an thats the dog does as i say nothing else discipline im the master some breeds ye have to be harsh with others just a stern word will do.. :thumbs: .

If that works for you mate thats great................for me my goal was always to get the very best of what a dog had to offer............if that meant having to throw a food bowl down and get my hand out the way double quick then so be it i only had myself to please and there was no danger for anyone else............but then if a dog wasnt worth putting up with that then he was gone i always treated dogs as individuals what worked for one might not work for another they,re not robots are they they all have their own little personalities.................its a matter of weighing everything up before id be willing to bury a manny dog.........but again,each to their own :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

Not as silly as it first sounds matey, I growl at pups and it works

Please tell me you dont bite them on the cheeks as well......like someone once told me they did !

Haha, no I mount em and bitch ride em! Lol........for a hand biter or nipper they get a good hard pinch and a ragging on the side of the cheek till they squeal.......cures them a treat ;)

the one thing that stands out above anything thing else on this thread is fear , fear of the nature of the dog , seemly the dog is programmed to take over and if given half a chance savage most of the family while he's at it, :D if he doesn't know his place ,

the most social loyal animal on earth is constantly plotting to become leader of the house how the f**k can anyone not see the contradiction in the dog we know and the image of how the dog is portrayed by some people,

some very experienced dog men on here still working out of the yank and crank method of dog training who know there is something not quiet right in their thinking and dont understand how to connect or get the best out of the dog, but are unable to change , cant understand a behaviour so make something up to fit , dominance normally covers most misunderstood behaviours, easy, one size fits all approach

cant let go of the fear, but then a different approach wouldn't let you seem to be as hard as you like to sound im not the one holding on to fear, :laugh:

• Like 1