Eating Goat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went for a short walk last saturday,brought the rifle and kelpie with me.I was talking to the farmers there and theres a few goats that had never met me before so I thought id go introduce myself to

Nice - slow cooked in red wine and garlic and herbs - can't beat it.

AMAZING !! absolutly unbelievable . I,v never heard anything like it ...how can you not like curry ?

I am always thinking if I had a mincer,look at all the burgers I could create,ohhh life is cruel,lol.some day when im wealthy I'll but a mincer.then there'll be no stoping me.ha ha ha.Im feeding a few neighbours too,they put the word in for a bit of free meat,a lot have never tried before and will be pleasantly surprised.Another 3-4 months and the kid goats will be starting to show,then the banquet really begins then,lol

• Like 1

Curried goat is one of the best foods on earth, it doesn't have to be hot and spicy but as your off the spice cut the meat into small pieces and make a bolognese sauce with it, the italians from the south all use goat instead lamb and it's mighty tatsy :thumbs:

whippet come away over,i'll make a film of your attempts to catch them live,I'll be worth a fortune after makeing it.lol.if you managed 2 in a month id be amazed :laugh: ginga john,curried anything is ferkin nausiating,it reminds me of baby shite :laugh: bolognese wont cut the mustard either im afraid.i eat plain meat with as little herbs spices as possible.i was visiting a mate in wales at one time and his wife very kindly made curry for my evening meal,and I had to explain I just couldnt eat it,it was stomach churning and highly embarrasing,she went off and made me chips .I dont think she was impressed with me at all,and could ye blame her,lol.Im thinking could ye use honey glaze on a shoulder of goat maybe?

whippet come away over,i'll make a film of your attempts to catch them live,I'll be worth a fortune after makeing it.lol.if you managed 2 in a month id be amazed :laugh: ginga john,curried anything is ferkin nausiating,it reminds me of baby shite :laugh: bolognese wont cut the mustard either im afraid.i eat plain meat with as little herbs spices as possible.i was visiting a mate in wales at one time and his wife very kindly made curry for my evening meal,and I had to explain I just couldnt eat it,it was stomach churning and highly embarrasing,she went off and made me chips .I dont think she was impressed with me at all,and could ye blame her,lol.Im thinking could ye use honey glaze on a shoulder of goat maybe?

i will have a word with my ex military mate .....ray mears..............would have to sort out a contract ...........tho :laugh:

we ate an old billy over 55 years ago ,we never had a fridge so it all had to be eaten over the week ,it was rank ,I can taste it now ,vile , our mam was a rotten cook but even burning it or boiling all the taste out of it never improved it,i used to push it one side of the plate and the old man would say <theres kids in china that would fight for that > wallop,when my head stopped spinning I would think ,no they fuckiung wouldn't .

• Like 1
:laugh: @mickey,this meat is a far cry from an old billy.I dont even fancy handling them big dirty feckers.whippet even ray mears would not find a plan to catch these wiley oul smellies.they move like grease lightening over the ridges.the speed would amaze you and they still look like their walking only,lol.bigdog ive saved that site,see if i can find something simple.

Jigsaw... I caught feral goats once, whole herd of about 11 was sheltering in a derelict shed up the forestry from the rain, had em all blocked in but no way to barricade the door, my dad let most of em escape :censored: but we did manage to catch a big black puck and tied the f****r up... He was so wild it was impossible to tame him... He refused to eat hay and grain

Let him go in the end.

Well there's only thing left then, slow cook chunks of meat with a little pepper, some bay leaves and a pint of the black stuff, cook til tender, drain of most of the gravy and put to one side, once meat has cooled make a pie, cook pie with some lovely big golden wonder spuds and a good savoy cabbage, when almost ready use the juice from the meat to make a nice thick gravy, feck me I'm starving now and sound like Delia Smith to boot :laugh:

hell man,you a chef!!!!that IS impressive,lol.i'll have a word with my chef,if shes in good humour i just might have a chance.the black stuff being................GUINESS?gem the feckers here are decidedly dodgy.I once shot a billy and after it lay on the ground for a bit,i approached it.well got out the knife to do the shitty bits when the fukka got up and charged me.I had to jumd down a ledhe about 15 ft into long grass.thankfully there were no rocks underneat.i looked up and heres the b*****d heading down as well.he hit the ground,tried to get up but was staggering,I ran in and throated him double quick.I skinned him later to find the bullet hole square in its shoulder,its lungs and vital organs well smashed and it still kept runing about.I am very wary of the big lads,they are mad as shit at times.gave my saluki lurcher a hell of a bashing another day.pucked him up high and down low.the dog jacked.................erm..... decided to take a smaller one on :laugh: think it was a sign he had more brains than courage,lol