help with feeding plan...

alright gents

im asking a bit of a random one here. I used to keep ferrets a few years ago but cant remember for the life of me if i used to feed them once a day or twice now mine didnt get fed on much meat for the simple fact i couldnt really get much in the way of rabbits birds etc etc....

now the reason being

my other half is studying animal management and she has asked me to put together a feeding plan for a carnivor and she chose a ferret.

how often do u feed yours meat per a animal?

if u could would u keep yours on meat permanent or a mix of 50/50 meat and biscuit?

cheers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To keep it simple I Feed Rabbit right through the Winter, and in the Summer when there are Flies about, I feed Ferret complete.

I feed rabbit wood pigeons corvids and squirrels. In the summer i feed at night and take te remains out in the morning before t gets to warm. I wouldnt consider the dry food.

Times change and feeds change whether its for stinkers or dogs or any other animal......personally i try to give them a good healthy diet thats going to do them good and give them good health. With th

I feed mine dry foods 3 days and meat 4 days of the week. Last stinker i had i just fed him meat. Each person is different in how they feed the ferts. I like to mix it up, they work for me so its only fair they reap the rewards of a hunting session :D :D

I give mine either half a pound of mince and offal, a couple of chicken legs, three fillets of white fish or approx half a rabbit......that's once a day between three ferrets.

I'll also give them two eggs between the three of them if I'm taking them out that day. :thumbs:

I give mine either half a pound of mince and offal, a couple of chicken legs, three fillets of white fish or approx half a rabbit......that's once a day between three ferrets.

I'll also give them two eggs between the three of them if I'm taking them out that day. :thumbs:

what size are the ferrets a metre each lol

When its cold mine get full pheasants and rabbits etc as required and when its warmer I give smaller carcasses which they will eat in a day like pigeons, young rabbits or half an adult rabbit. I also give complete when there's nothing dead about and sometimes chicken mince.

She could maybe gain a few more marks by explaining reasons for a feeding plan, why it would be beneficial and why it may need adjusted for individuals?

General factors considered include dietary requirements, digestive rate, age, body condition, entire/neutered, general health, level of exercise and environment.

Issues such as food hygiene, bacterial poisoning, dental health and exposure to parasites is also worth a mention as well as specific dietary components.

How much info does she need to put in for this feeding plan? Atb.

good to know what people are feeding there ferts around the year as im starting out again after a while off , i used to feed mine on a complete dry and when i had some dead rabbits they would have them , got to ask ... does the diet affect working ability i.e complete food as aposed to a fresh meat ?

cheers

good to know what people are feeding there ferts around the year as im starting out again after a while off , i used to feed mine on a complete dry and when i had some dead rabbits they would have them , got to ask ... does the diet affect working ability i.e complete food as aposed to a fresh meat ?

cheers

just my opinion but I found it hard to keep their weight down with dried food, no matter how small the portions were, never had that problem with raw meat.....some people swear by it though. It's easier feeding dry but I'd rather have them in tip top shape which is easier when feeding meat IMO.