Whippet greyhound

i had one well still have one but shes too old to run now. she was a 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey about 24 tts and was a handy dog at lamping spot on for ferreting and mooching. skin aint the best on them but i never had too many problems thankfully. speed isnt an issue and on golfcourses it would show as the beddy crosses a friend owns would struggle on them my bitch would always come off a golfcourse with a good bag. as for foxes i didnt have her for that but she did nail a few when out bushing and lamping didnt have too many problems at all.apart from if i was on the lamp i had seen a rabbit and there was a fox behind she would run over the top of rabbits to grab a fox (although if your after an all rounder i would look elsewere).

as for stamina this suprised me to be honest and never really had a problem there aint a huge amount of game round by me but she was always up for another run and often took her from dusk till dawn. i took her out a few times with some "Daywalkers" not on huge feilds but decent size and she didnt do to bad a few times doing 3/3 but she didnt have it in the tank for long courses like the salukis do. she did excell around cover and took plenty of her hares around hedges etc. but she isnt bred for that so what she did do was a bounus. never had many problems with feet a few knocks here and there but which working dog dosent? would i have another one? maybe a half cross.

Edited by Ray Mears
  • Like 1