looking to start into a big of photography for the last while now, have decided to splash the cash after x mas, looking to buy a farley good camera to get the most of the scenary i have around me but also for action shots ect... money is always tight but know im goin to have to spend few quid to get something decent. any suggestions on what camera, where i could buy for best price ect..... would be greatly appreciated

cheers

chris :victory:

You need to decide how serious you want to take it. Do you want a camera that you can carry in your pocket and just point and shoot? Have a look at this site it explains and reviews the various cameras available and may help you with the compact v DSLR v Bridge argument. http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2367736880/roundup-enthusiast-zoom-compact-cameras

remember when you take up the photography it always starts with this camera and this lens will do, then after missing a few shots it will be shit I need to get a bigger lens and a faster camera, its a slippery slope, my advice would be dont rush into it think long and hard about what kind of photography you really want to do then be patient and wait for the right deal to come along, it will save you a small fortune ,good luck and I hope you get many years pleasure from your photography.

• Like 4

You need to decide how serious you want to take it. Do you want a camera that you can carry in your pocket and just point and shoot? Have a look at this site it explains and reviews the various cameras available and may help you with the compact v DSLR v Bridge argument. http://www.dpreview....compact-cameras

thanks mate il av a look through there looks to be lots of info there. o and no not looking for a camera for pocket , at the start of this year was going to get a digital one but had a good think and changed my mind and decided to wait and get something decent :thumbs:

remember when you take up the photography it always starts with this camera and this lens will do, then after missing a few shots it will be shit I need to get a bigger lens and a faster camera, its a slippery slope, my advice would be dont rush into it think long and hard about what kind of photography you really want to do then be patient and wait for the right deal to come along, it will save you a small fortune ,good luck and I hope you get many years pleasure from your photography.

yes mate ive learned that lesson before with different stuff think il be happy with such nd such an item them looking to buy better one in no time. i live up in the mountains and there is some beuityfully scenery around me and id like to be able to capture this scenery without blurryiness no deffination in distance ect also want to be able to get action shots of the mutts with the beuityfully scenary. i have been thinking about it all year and its deffinatly not digital (pocket camera) im after. also when i get an idea of what i want where would be a good place to start looking? ebay? cheers :thumbs:

Chris seriously consider a fuji , I had one a few yrs ago & was very happy with the results, this is just an example in the link.. google fujifilm & have a look at there range, there fairly cheap for a bridge camera, I dont think you will go wrong with one & there will be one in your price range :victory:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_315004113760MISC?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&adtype=pla

• Like 3

if you are really serious about photography a dslr kit like this might be worth a look -

http://www.wexphotog...enses/p10001494

I use Canon, but for the price I can't fault this little gem when it comes to image quality... The two lenses mean you have wide angle (18mm) for landscapes, and the tele zoom for action shots. But... no doubt you will soon find that 200mm hasn't quite got the range you need, and a 300 would be nice, and then you will need a spare memory card, battery, maybe a speedlight... and so it goes on. Before you know where you are your wallet is light of a grand!

If you are thinking 350 is a lot of money for a lens bear in mind that a lot of the pics that make you go "wow" have been taken with lenses costing 10 times that amount. :icon_eek: No reason why you can't get acceptable shots with cheaper lenses, but it depends what you mean by "acceptable".

The fuji cam that Kay linked to looks very reasonable, and it may well be worth getting something similar to make sure that it is a hobby you enjoy enough to justify spending a lot of money on. DSLR bodies have crap secondhand value, but a good lens will hold its price.

• Like 1