Saluki cross or collie cross

Which is the best all rounder? To me there is no question it's the collie. It's speed, intelligence, durability..... It can take all quarry asked for. The only advantage I see the saluki has over it is stamina. But really, how much in modern times do we need stamina in abundance? The collie cross has more than enough in the tank. Yes they might blow up on the fens but no c**t hints there anymore so what's the big deal?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bit of both in this dog coursing blood x collie

The right kind of saluki cross can do anything a collie cross can do, but a collie cross can't do what a saluki can , period ! That's why the old school have graduated from the bitsas , the Hancocks d

Here you go baw     I'm a saluki cross fan myself brought up round them and just can't pull myself away from them   Jack 3/4 saluki grey 7 month   Ted 2 yrs  

Posted Images

A dog with more greyhound in it than saluki seem to make brilliant allrounders. Ive had collie/greyhounds but the saluki/ grey is a different animal altogether if they are reared correctly. I dont like the "desert dog" atitude though that is the only downside to them. Mine has done all ive asked. Atb

na mate, for some that cross widane cut it, if i was on big land a few days a week then id leave a sal/grey x coll/grey in the kennel, some will be able to hack it, but i doubt most would, i dont run big land an i mainy lamp an ferret, an i found the coll/grey x sal/grey a good dog to have, i think many a lamping dogs wont go far wrong way some well bred coursing dog added, not just the collie x :thumbs:

Not all good coursing dogs are saluki though. Saluki up here is as much good as a fire escape in a canoe....

well bred fen dogs tho, nowt against teh coursin dogs up there, but them fen bred dogs or atleast a lot of them are bred nice an tight an like ye say aint had saluki on them for a few gens noo, but they still do the job, i honestly find putting them to a good lamping bitch does the trick, but again, we are all diffrent..

seriously... what is ye dont like aboot the saluki bred coursin dogs?

Seriously dotty, I just don't get the big deal with the coursing bred saluki. It's f*****g useless anywhere apart from the fens. And the way the fen guys go on about everyone's dogs saying, aye your cabbage park dog wouldn't cut it on the fens..... No it probably wouldn't buy so f*****g what!!! I'd rather have a dog that can kill on 99% of this country than one that can only kill on 1%

• Like 3