Nine Hogs in < 24 Hours

White dog is straight pit, however he has a touch of blue lines in him. He is actually a tall dog. He just looks a little squatty anytime I come around with a video camera. Those pits can be pretty timid.

Here are some more videos from the trip:

This is a video of my dog Hammerin Hank. The dog is not yet a year old. He bayed up a really nice hog for over 10 minutes, but the catch dog was on another hog. He got a little too aggressive and ended up cut. He is doing good now though. Just required some staples.

http://youtu.be/YBAcdUN1o5A

Edited by Jagdman

Nice work!! Are those Krol pups? Your never gonna believe this, but I've learned here recently that these pot lickers were feeding aren't working terriers.. :whistling:

Seems we're supposed to be hunting spaniels when brushing. :hmm: Did you by chance get that memo... cause I swear I didn't.lol

• Like 1

Nice work!! Are those Krol pups? Your never gonna believe this, but I've learned here recently that these pot lickers were feeding aren't working terriers.. :whistling:

Seems we're supposed to be hunting spaniels when brushing. :hmm: Did you by chance get that memo... cause I swear I didn't.lol

Haha, mine work! No these dogs are off my German male and off Arkan and April. I haven't bred Krol yet. I will probably stick him to April next. He has figured out the hogs pretty well now. Only problem is he is an older dog. We will basically just use him for breeding.

You do the drahthaar cross yet?

thanks for shareing ,....i would of thought you would use bigger dogs and save a few injuries to the smaller ones........

i havent a clue about hog hunting lol

The little dogs usually just bounce when they get hit. The big dogs almost always get torn up more.

them big uns have some serious power, do all the dogs not wear the body guards? do all the grab dogs go for the ears?

I vest my dogs in Kevlar sometimes. Usually though it is too hot for them to wear it. Plus the hogs tusk will cut right through them. My dog got six deep cuts through the vest in October. Basically shredded the vest. It is was double layered kevlar with a felt pad inside. Didn't matter. The dog was still all cut up.

Good catch dogs will learn to catch the ear. If they catch lower or on the snout they will get ran through.