Testing the New Defiant HFT Pellets - Springer

Hello All,

I've had the pellets from Clubshot for a few days and I've not got round to putting them through one of my rifles - until today!

Its coming up to Christmas and there is very little on in work so I thought id take my setup in and give them a whirl :thumbs:

The pack that came through the post was very well wrapped, which is good as my dog tore chunks out of the envelope! however the pellets inside were fine

Upon first inspection the pellets seem very clean, and have a good shine, very few deformities which is nice to see.

They look quite like a Crossman premier and a Logun penetrator had a baby pellet! :yes::thumbs:

I bought a trial pack which contains both 4.50 and 4.52 pellets.

DSCF0952.jpg

Today I took the HW97K to try them in, I will take the Gaystate in and try them in that tomorrow - then ill post up those findings too

Now because I work on an airfield were there are no trees there is nothing to stop the wind which turned my first attempts into shotgun pattern! and im not Pianoman with a springer so the slightest breeze is enough to send my shots flying!! :icon_redface:

So I mooched round work after everyone had left looking for a big enough space to get a decent test in! .. and found one! inside the old tank hanger I managed to squeeze 30yards out! and out of the wind :boogy: although i did have to lay in the corridor with the door proped open :whistling:

Anyway, did a few practice shots and got into the flow of shooting a springer

First up Defiant HFT 4.52 - Tight fit into the rifle, bit tighter than the AA fields I normally use with the supposed same head space anyway here is my 5 shot group

DSCF0947.jpg

Not the prittiest shooting ive ever done (Im no Pianoman :cray: )- Just to note I didn't change my zero on the rifle i just used the same point of aim for each shot.. the bull obviously :thumbs:

DSCF0948.jpg

A little over a 5p at 30 yards and you know what that's not too bad (for me) - yes it could be alot better - but decent - thats a good sized kill zone on HFT

Then to the 4.50s - quite slack in the rifle, go in with no real effort

DSCF0949.jpg

:icon_eek: Saaaaaaay What! :icon_eek: Well that's what i said when I shot this group - Turns out they shoot Very well out of my HW97k

DSCF0950.jpg

Easily covered by a 5p! now for springer shooting I was very pleased with these, they did better than the AA fields :yes:

DSCF0951.jpg

Like I said I haven't changed the zero on the rifle I just used the same point of aim and these did very well indeed

Im impressed with them - they seem to be very high quality pellets :thumbs: Hope they do as well in the PCP tomorrow

Slightly makes up for those Ogive things :laugh::tongue2:

(no offense)

ATB

Adam

• Like 2

Made me go and check a few Stock boxes

They are made from 99.5% Lead - with a minute coating of Lube to get them out of dies -

There some times is a minute bit of Extra Lead around Head

Which does not effect them in use

Most users report the Cleanest Pellets they have Used

As stated they ae made on Single Dies - so Should group Well

Most cases they need the Barrel cleaned as need to find rifling for Speed & accuracy

As you will notice they improve with numbers used

BOB/R

A 5p group at 30 yards is more than proof of your own remarkable skills with a springer Adam! Got to try these in 4.50 for my own HW97KT that's for sure or you'll be whipping me off the course next time we meet!

Where/how do I buy some without an on-line account? I do not use a credit card and I will not pass my bank details on a computer.

Great result Adam and thank you for your kind compliments to me.

Respectfully back.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

A 5p group at 30 yards is more than proof of your own remarkable skills with a springer Adam! Got to try these in 4.50 for my own HW97KT that's for sure or you'll be whipping me off the course next time we meet!

Where/how do I buy some without an on-line account? I do not use a credit card and I will not pass my bank details on a computer.

Great result Adam and thank you for your kind compliments to me.

Respectfully back.

Simon

Hi Simon, There is a thread on this section which Clubshot (Bob) has all the postage info, and you will be glad to hear that it is in no way electronic, Im at work and it dosnt allow me to post the link otherwise I would include a direct link for you.ATBAdam

• Like 1