Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

hi bedlinton

i would like to ask you the same about ziggy what breeding line and how tall is she

she looks the spit of of the mother of my beddy

all the best welshdragon

Hi Welsh Dragon, Ziggys a dog he can handle the poodle bit but call him a bitch an he gets nasty. He stands about 18 at the shoulders and hhis daddy is Seldommarsh The Tyke and Grandaddy the Maverick of Minkstone so i would say the granitor line. Ill post pic of his dad later

Regards

Andy

Hi Bedlington,

If I remember correctly Seldommarsh dogs used to havea lot of Eakring blood line in them, Ziggy wasn't bred by TS was he? also was Tyke a blue or liver dog?

Regards

Printer

C'mon Lads, where's your posts/pics???

Surely someone out there has some working Bedlingtons or can think of one or other topical discussion about bedlingtons.

Anyone got any pups ? how are they bred?

Rabbit, Fox rat........ mice even, what you use your bedlington for?

Granitor?

Eakring?

Minkstone?

Rillington?

any other?

Lakeland outcross?

Border outcross?

Fell outcross?

Which do you prefer and why, which is best suited to it's quarry??

Any good stud dogs out there??

hi swanseajack

i only use my beddys on rabbits for marking and bushing and they are good at both they hold the rabbit in the net untill i get to it they do not rip into them like a lot of lurchers ive seen over the last 30years very happy with them for what i use them for

all the best W.D

The one i have at the moment (Dan)hates rain but will go in the local ponds as long as the water isn't too deep. the beddy lurcher cannot resist having a swim and it is wise in our house to shut her out of the bathroom if having a bath or you just may end up with a bigger loofer than you want.

The only one that i have had that hated water was my old bitch kate she would even walk around puddles so her feet did'nt get wet.

Hi folks im down to 4 beddys 3 bitches and 1 dog i will try and put /find some pics of them to put up, they work with me in pest control so its rats up to tracking deer as ive said before i think they are proberly the best all rounder in the terrier world.

one of the bitches is semi retired one pup the other doing well and thats 3 generations of my breeding the dog came from wales he's black big and strong , they are all kc reg, in the past i've worked bedlington x borders and beddys x black stuff, beddys x whippets but now just the 4 i mentioned

Hybred

Guest dazzert66

My Dog aint too keen on water but he will go in if he's got too but my bitch is mad 4 it I got a problem keeping her out of it which is a good thing cos Coypu often have the entrance to their tunnels below the water level.

Here's part of an e-mail that was sent via PM to me:

"Is it me or am I seeing two distinct types of Bedlingtons here.... ones that look like a terrier or at least look physically capable of going to ground and others that can't, but could do the job of a lurcher albeit probably worse. No disrepect to anyone, you live and learn but to me the Bedlington is a terrier."

Anyone got any views, comments or constructive critiscism on this ??