• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is mine mate  

but i do like a good russell.though.     best of both worlds

from a bit back and one my lad has his name on

Posted Images

hears my bros plumer he is a good ratter / rabbiter / and loves going squirelling

005-18.jpg

129.jpg

125.jpg

Very nice that mate, I like the collar too :thumbs:

cheers buddy they do make 1st rate dogs for what you are wonting to do bushing/ratting/squirrels

Never considered a Plummer until now and I defo liking the look of them :) cheers again

the best bushing ratting dog ive ever had was a bow legged russell i bought off a old guy that just used them round his small holding, she was used on there daily . i wouldnt bother about the breed aslong as the parents are used for what you want to work them on if you dont want a dog diving into a sett at every chance it gets, dont buy a pup from digging dogs.

hello there j dog a plummer would be a first choice fore me for the all round terrier,fantastic nose,plenty of stamina,they are tractable retrieve well also have bottomless courage and pack well.but be ware my friend on choosing your pup as there is a lot of difference on opinion on witch are the best lines,and some lines do carry faults,choose well and you will have years of great hunting with your dog.i own one plummer bitch at the minute from legion lines,she has old and new blood in her make up,she bushes four to five times a week,works the lamp with my collie for rabbits[flushing them from cover],olso hunt rat once or twice a week.ive worked dogs for over 30 years hunted with most types of terriers all of witch make good workers,but in my opinion plummers come up trumps as all rounders ,as iv'e already said dont rush in take your time and choose well,happy hunting my friend.

• Like 1

Like has already been said you cant beat a plummer for above ground graft,the nose and gameness is second to none,not used mine below so cant comment on that yet.

also if anyone has a copy of the plummer bible whats it like am thinking of buying it?

The Plummer bible is not a beginner's read,its mainly to do with genetics for breeder's,it was an instruction manual left by Brian Plummer to ensure the breed continued after his death,most would find it boring,there are a few that work to ground on a regular basis but they are still in the minority,all my plummer's work to ground but as already said they are an all rounder,WM
  • Like 2

I bought a plummer at the beginning of the year as my 1st dog, they are very easy to train, all ive done is put the work in front of her and the rest shes done herself. There are only 2 faults with her, 1st is that when other terriers are bushing she often thinks shes a lurcher and waits for a bolt but works fine on her own and starting to relise that she isnt a lurcher. Shes only 11m so will relise 1 day ha. And 2nd when shes bushing and yaps when poaching abit to close to a farm, not that I poach :-P but I would definately reccomend 1! T10