• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbits over a brace of beagles. Grew up doing it and still find the baying of a beagle on scent some of the sweetest music on earth. :yes:

If I had a second choice it would be ruffed grouse over just about any close-working flushing dog. I still count on missing the first flush of the season when that wup-wup-wup of their wings takes my breath and makes my heart race.

Flying the birds but don't do it with the same enthusiasm anymore!! I used to be a man on a mision when it came out with taking the birds out and always put them before anything else! but now with kids and age I have to put things more in perspective.

I also like getting out with the Guns and a bit of Lamping, to be Honest I'll get out with anyone practicing field sports because I enjoy it all, I may not be able to do it all but I like going out with people who can.....

Cheers

Jasper

pussy hunting :tongue2::doh:

Ahh beat me too it lol.

:clapper:

Lamping is a good crack, so is ratting and shooting rabbits, I've never done anything other than that though so I dont know how good the rest of it realy is.

I've enjoyed all of what I've done though and hope to get plenty more in sooner rather than later.

ferreting with nets.

I also rough shoot, pigeon shoot, bush rabbits and have followed beagles, i used to own lurchers and earth dogs, but i started ferreting with nets and thats my main thing :yes:

lamping has got to come second for me its a very close second for the number one has to be the day time hare pre ban of course :D there just somthing about the chase that makes your hairs on the back of your neck stand up and that your dog is coursing the fastest british mammal its the athelete of all atheletes ....its not all about getting the kill at the end of the course its about watching them trying to antisapate each others next move the hare trying to outsmart the dog ..the dog trying to antisapate the hares next move ...the hare knows were it is going when its first leaps from its sit ..the dog has to try and stop this hare reaching cover ....its one of the best specticals you will ever see imho ...all the best which ever you choice is but mines the hare ...all the best snoop.... :D:thumbs: