urban digging

How many of you did this, how would you compare the urban fox to a rural fox in terms of how testing they are to a terrier, and what are your experiences.

i havent done it but i would take an educated guess that they are no different ,............there are big , fiery ,weak ,strong, scrawny,mangy foxes in urban and rural parts of our country and being located in a different place i wouldnt of thought it would make alot of difference.................every fox is different no matter where its located ............

and a big dog fox in the city may not be as testing as a little vixen in the country and vice versa......... :victory:

They will be a few on here ,that Remember dogs running around,below an Office full of people in full cry ,bolting a fox out into the open In the City

Many a Terrierman cut their Teeth in the Heart of the City :yes: wish you still could :whistling:

The DEAR GREEN PLACE isn't called that for nothing ,more parks ,green space per head of population in the U.K. :thumbs:

anyone who has done a lot of digging in both enviroments will tell you that not all urban earths are eay shallow arrairs a lot of deep difficult places in the city and the urban fox in my experiance is well fed strong healthy and has far less fear than his country cousin ,ive ug both and h respect for both but if i want to find more foxes to ground earlier and want numbers to push the terriers a bit i head for the city,

• Like 3

Iv dug both the city fox can be a harder dig so you need a dog that will mack the bolt rather than hold there's one set that cums to mind it go's under the rode and a nother that go's under the footings of a block of flats. The big difronce is the running dog's as it's small parks and greens you need a dog with moor speed than any thing

whats the difference between a rural and an urban fox....?

Ones got food on his door step & will walk next to you :icon_eek: & the other will have a stronger structure, bone/muscle being its survived on majority of ''Wild food matter'' ! & runs like fcuk when it see you :laugh:

• Like 2

Ive never noticed a difference pulled some scabby feckers out in city's though i will say 1 thing i love the countryside and being out there with hounds and terriers but some of the biggest bags ive had in a day with terrier's were digging in city's round industrial estate's and bits of rough ground :yes:

• Like 2

Same as regarding numbers - used to have some decent permission on a couple of farms surrounded by the town/cities - which had was lots of folk about quick to ring police etc which wasn't a real problem it was when the land started holding badgers that put the ' tin hat ' on it for us so although heavily populated with foxes it became a no go area

• Like 1