Any one else struggling?

I'm not into the numbers game but its nice to get a couple when I go out just so I can feed the ferrets but so far rubbish

if ya spent more time setting nets and not sat on ya hoop drinking tea you'd probably catch something :tongue2: if ya want a day out mate ive got a few places thats holding a few. about time i returned the favour. :thumbs:

ATB

Dom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bleeding eck, just read through all this again. Rabbit numbers are low. I know that. And then you start to read the excuses for it. Mixi, Buzzards, VHD and the like. When are people going to face f

I've done a few warrens that I think of as regular jobs, but on some of the warrens there's nothing living there this year, but the rabbits are still in the area in other warrens near by that dont nor

Well said mate, some peoples permission will never hold the numbers for various reasons. if numbers are low then get out and find more permission and let what you have recover rather than scratching a

Posted Images

I'm not into the numbers game but its nice to get a couple when I go out just so I can feed the ferrets but so far rubbish

rather than ferreting loads of empty sets is it worth getting out there with a torch/lamp just before sunrise so you can see where they're heading? you'd look a bit odd without a dog but at least you might see a couple drop down into a warren or two so you know which ones to ferret? sods law that you'll see loads of squatters with not having a dog!

Get your wires out, I'm doing od'uns until the cover dies off :D

I cant even get the wires out untill the livestocks away for winter :laugh: i give up :laugh:

Hows your mate getting on with the snares i sent to him?

I cant even get the wires out untill the livestocks away for winter :laugh: i give up :laugh:

He's doing ok mate, but like everyone else he's struggling to find more than a couple of rabbits per feild, but at least they'll last longer that way eh! :laugh: Did you collect anything from Woodgaz shed when you went over :D

My usual spots have been crap this season. I was out one day last week from 8 until 2 and caught 2 rabbits. I just got permision to ferret a small woodland which seems to have a good population. I got 11 yesterday which I dont think is bad for a solo trip round here.

He's doing ok mate, but like everyone else he's struggling to find more than a couple of rabbits per feild, but at least they'll last longer that way eh! :laugh: Did you collect anything from Woodgaz shed when you went over :D

Going up north in january so ill do me shopping then :laugh: cant wait to be honest have a refresher course in snaring as well as ferreting lamping and so on :D

Glad your mates getting on ok with the wires :thumbs:

My usual spots have been crap this season. I was out one day last week from 8 until 2 and caught 2 rabbits. I just got permision to ferret a small woodland which seems to have a good population. I got 11 yesterday which I dont think is bad for a solo trip round here.

11 thats a good number mate cant complain at that,was suppose to be out this weekend but its looking like the fields will be waterlogged if this rain carries on,it aint stopped for about a month :censored:

im not struggling at all this season..........cause I packed it in after 30 years.I had a few days out and never got above 6 rabbits,so Im puting the nets away snd sticking the locator high up in the press and will wait till the situation changes for the better.Ive tried to find a home for the ferrets and cant even manage that.No one wants them cause no one can get the work for them.