Ferret Muzzle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine are fed on rabbit all year round so very much equate rabbits to food. They often kill down the warrens but dont stay with the dead rabbit. I suspect this has something to do with them not being

you say you dug down to your ferret so does this mean you have a locator. if so why worry about the ferret killing in. just dig it out. you get the ferret out quickly and also get the rabbit. no need

There are other things to consider when talking muzzles & it's not just what the ferret may encounter underground......imagine a ferret that has inadvertently blocked itself in or dropped down a t

As has been said it has no place ferrting in this day and age. That said they are still used even today. I had this handed into me a couple of years ago she was found wandering and picked up. God knows how long she had been wandering round unable to eat or drink.

2010_0117needlecockups0006.jpg

2010_0117needlecockups0007.jpg

It had to be cut off.

2010_0117needlecockups0010.jpg

TC

i dont feel the need, i was just told about them and was wondering do they make a difference in anything, Why do you think its so barbaric ? Just wondering ? :hmm:

the part of the animals body it uses to defend its self is covered in a muzzle . impossible for it to protect its self if that case arouse , how is it ment to eat & drink muzzled ?

you take the muzzle of with its back in its hutch, i only mean when you have it out working that the muzzle would be on.

No feller becuase you never know wats below ground that can harm your ferrets. Dont take this the wrong way but i think you need to do some more homework on your chosen sport. ATB

I think it's a sensible question and it's something most of us have probaly considered at 1 time or another to prevent kill ins. I have has 2 kill ins this season already and it's a major pain in the arse. I got my jill back after 4 hrs and a dig on the 1st occasion and had to leave a jill last week though thankfully a chap that i know on the permission took a walk where we left her and she came out so that's 2 jills i could've easily lost this season so far.

If you're thinking about only muzzling a ferret while ferreting and ferreting only then why not? I'm thinking about giving it a go myself :thumbs:

Edited by AirgunGuy

Thanks airgunguy, aye i was only talking about muzzing it just when i was using the ferret then taking it of when it done, cant see it doing it any harm, its will still get its water and food after i take it off, think i might just try it and see :thumbs: let me know how you get on if you try it :signthankspin:

I spoke to mate about it and he didn't fancy it. Just because it's not particularly common doesn't mean it's not worth a go. My ferrets are well handled by me and the kids and have never bitten any of us. I wouldn't consider muzzling a ferret other than when putting them done a hole. They'd be muzzled for no more than 20-30 mins at a time.

I'm gonna give it a go and if the ferrets are ok with it and it stops kill ins then i'll be doing it regularly. Saves a whole lot of grief, wasted time and potentially losing a ferret :thumbs:

Poor ferret them pictures made me feel sick. Anyone who think its acceptable to tie a peice of string round a ferrets gob

ought to be shot! It must of been tight cos we all know ferrets would of had it off in seconds. f*****g disgusting!

But its not gonna stop a rabbit hunching up in a stopend is it ?

No it's not but it'll stop the ferret killing the rabbit, staying there with it and eating it so there's the chance the ferret will come away from it...also if the ferret gets over it going for the head/neck which is what we all think happens then there's the chance the rabbit could be pushed out.

It would be interesting to hear of anyone who has tried this :thumbs: