terrier with TB

my vet mentioned it after an accidental incident and went on to say that in particular areas around me the dog was at a greater risk of btb .

Unfortunately the levels of bTB are such that it is now spilling over into other species.

While there are still very few cases of TB found in dogs each year more and more animals are being found to have TB. There is no way of knowing if a farm has bTB so dog owners should be careful to keep control of their dogs when walking on footpaths, particularly being careful not to let them near badger setts, paths or latrines.

There are also an increasing number of domestic cats that have been found with TB in recent years (49 in 2009/10) as well as bovine TB in sheep, pigs, goats, alpacas (111 in 2009/10) and even humans. Unless TB is reduced in the environment it is likely that these cases will continue to increase as the disease is forced to find new hosts.

this is what happens when we protect disease riden vermin.

How often do we hear of a dog that is infected with TB,not very often at all but how many badgers have been needlessly snared and killed in the name of TB.Its a dispute that has gone on for years and will go on for years more to see is the badger the real culprit.Deer will spread it as quick as any badger and vets moving from farm to farm will do the same.I actually know a farmer that got the DEP in to snare his land as he had gone down with TB and any badger they snared was sent away and tested,no TB in any of themand the snaring was done on every set within a mile of where his cows were pastured,i know this as i do fox control for this farmer so know every set on his land and the neighbouring land.

• Like 3

How often do we hear of a dog that is infected with TB,not very often at all but how many badgers have been needlessly snared and killed in the name of TB.Its a dispute that has gone on for years and will go on for years more to see is the badger the real culprit.Deer will spread it as quick as any badger and vets moving from farm to farm will do the same.I actually know a farmer that got the DEP in to snare his land as he had gone down with TB and any badger they snared was sent away and tested,no TB in any of themand the snaring was done on every set within a mile of where his cows were pastured,i know this as i do fox control for this farmer so know every set on his land and the neighbouring land.

i have seen how the DEP snare land and agree the needlessly cull healty animals every year, just makeing the point vermin must be controled.
  • Like 1

the eyes my not be connected as sand is very severe on an earth dogs eyes especially in older dogs with a lot of work over them even with cleaning etc straight after a dig the eyes are usually the first thing to start going south in an older working dog and can lead to retirement even tho the dog is in other wise perfect health !

very true fatman about deer carrying tb. last year a few of us got a call to go and cull 200 farmed deer that had tb so defo more likely that deer is spreading tb than badgers as deer cover alot more ground than bdgers