Which lamp set up

Hi,

Just got myself my first ever lamping dog, shes a small whippet with a bit of terrier in her. Ive seen her on the lamp before so she knows the score.

I want to start going on my own now but i was wondering what sort of set up would best suit me. I know there are a lot of lamping kits out there but i know very little about them.

I will be going for about 3hrs at a time on land that is lamped a fair bit in some cases.....filter??

I dont want to spend the earth but at the same time I want a reliable lamp, been out too many times with other guys where the lamp has packed up and we have had to go home.

Thanks for reading, any help much appreciated

All lamps can be un realible mate, I've seen and used most set ups, from the old school rover spotlight and car battery to the modern lamps with lithium battery's, personally ive found a lightforce 170 and a 10ah lithium battery, the lithium battery's are a touch more expensive but they really are a god send.

I'm using the CREE ones now.

Really handy. Not quite as good as a big lamp but a whole lot easier to handle, carry etc and can fit in a coat pocket.

Ive got 4 different ones and usually take a couple with me just in case.

Gaz

I like the look of these! Think I might pick one up. They aren't as obvious as carrying around a battery on your shoulder. I'm using a Clulite at the moment. 10 years old and never let me down... Apart from a battery and bulb replacement... But that's expected.

Edited by Matt3699

ive spent a bit on lamps over time so to save you a bit go straight for a lightforce lamp with dimmer mate.filter ??? i use a amber one for fox and rabbit with good results.also use a 12v 17ah battery a bit heavier than the lithium but i dont mind humping it around the fields.

Really handy. Not quite as good as a big lamp but a whole lot easier to handle, carry etc and can fit in a coat pocket.

Gaz

I like the look of these! Think I might pick one up. They aren't as obvious as carrying around a battery on your shoulder. I'm using a Clulite at the moment. 10 years old and never let me down... Apart from a battery and bulb replacement... But that's expected.

The Cluson Clu-Briter is a top bit of kit for £60. Charges up by mains or in car. Good tight white beam. Plenty for rabbits. Easy to hold, no trailing wires or batteries.

It's smaller than a small battery drill and alot lighter.

I'm taking this out tonight and will take my 1600 Lumen cree torch as back up.

Atb.

Gaz

Gaz

The Cluson Clu-Briter is a top bit of kit for £60. Charges up by mains or in car. Good tight white beam. Plenty for rabbits. Easy to hold, no trailing wires or batteries.

Atb.

Gaz

How much are them crees mate and are they any good for a serious amount of rabbiting ? ATB

Gaz

Atb.

Gaz

How much are them crees mate and are they any good for a serious amount of rabbiting ? ATB

The clu-briter is 60 notes.

I've got a little 1000 lumen cree T6 here which cost me £25 but not tried it yet.

Will do a review when I've used it.

The clu briter is plenty for where I lamp mate.

Gaz

Atb.

Gaz

:thumbs:

Sounds good!

im not ira im not organised its a picture of my lamp and battery are you slow or blind

:laugh: They are only having a laugh mate. I think it's easy to see what it is but the way the pictures taken does make it look complex. You have 2 there don't you?

Edited by Matt3699

Gaz

Atb.

Gaz

The clu-briter is 60 notes.

I've got a little 1000 lumen cree T6 here which cost me £25 but not tried it yet.

Will do a review when I've used it.

The clu briter is plenty for where I lamp mate.

where did u get ur clu briter from and is a kit for 60 or just the lamp and charger?