consequences of poaching

Well,slightly off topic but i got caught poaching with a lurcher and not a ferret and this was the result i got..fined over a grand,had motor confiscated,dog taken away and never returned,3 month on tag from 6pm to 6am,12 months probation,banned from keeping ANY type of hunting dog for 12 months,lamping equipment confiscated,mobile phone and some clothing confiscated,wasn't allowed to walk my pet dogs more than one mile from my home,couldn't stop to talk to anyone with a dog of any kind and banned out of Dumfries and Galloway ...oh and that was over a hare or two :yes: ..this is the truth so be warned if you ever get the urge to go perhaps somewhere you shouldn't ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was 3 years ago fella and not just recently..everywhere is red hot these days and these forums just add to the problems believe you me...the hunting game was a better place long before the internet

If you are as sweet talking as me . . . . . you end up with the permission!

That is what facebook is for

Well,slightly off topic but i got caught poaching with a lurcher and not a ferret and this was the result i got..fined over a grand,had motor confiscated,dog taken away and never returned,3 month on tag from 6pm to 6am,12 months probation,banned from keeping ANY type of hunting dog for 12 months,lamping equipment confiscated,mobile phone and some clothing confiscated,wasn't allowed to walk my pet dogs more than one mile from my home,couldn't stop to talk to anyone with a dog of any kind and banned out of Dumfries and Galloway ...oh and that was over a hare or two :yes: ..this is the truth so be warned if you ever get the urge to go perhaps somewhere you shouldn't ;)

Anyone with any sence shouldn't poach in Dumfries an Galloway as it red hot now

It was 3 years ago fella and not just recently..everywhere is red hot these days and these forums just add to the problems believe you me...the hunting game was a better place long before the internet and mobile phone came along and thats a fact ;)

Where about in Dumfries an Galloway were ya mate if you don't mind me asking

Problem is any body mouching about with a ferret and nets just for a few rabbits for the pot were he shouldent be is getting classed as the fookin idiots with bull crosses smashing land up and killing inedible quarry and to be honest the public dont have the same sympathy now days for the one for the pot men due to the idiots as all poachers are tarred with the same brush.I was caught ferreting in the late 80s on an old derelict airfield and was fined 30 pound.

• Like 3

had trouble twice ferreting once when I was about 14, my brother his mate and me decided to ferret the back of a paddock that backed onto some fields near us ( the draw of the rabbits we seen there regularly was too much). Nets on ferrets in rabbits pooping out, we were having a great time....... Then we heard a shout, and saw a bloke marching down the paddock with a shotgun, next thing he's shot the gun in the air above our heads... We all hit the deck and possibly shit ourselves..... The bloke knew my dad but still told us to bugger off, I never mentioned it to my old man as I would of had a slap and matey would've too....... My brothers mate ended up in the marines he's a good mate and has been shot at a few times now.... We had a laugh about this incident only a couple of weeks back.

The other same sort of age involved ferreting the railway banks, an irate train driver and my mates deaf jack Russell............. I loved those days......

been caught loads of time when i was a young un a boot up the arse ferrets shot nets took off me as i got older things just got more violent with certain keepers to the point me and my mates hated the twats farmers were angry &irate but sort of fair [if you know what i mean] had a few rolls about with keepers in my time locked up fined etc [not proud of it ] but them days were fecking great for us hunting lads [80,s]

• Like 1

Shame to hear that..

Sounds rough 4 months for chasing a mogy crackers..

Must be shit hot where you boys go, I will have incountered the law less than 5 occasions over the years.

Most were call outs by joe public "as lampings ilegal" :icon_eek:

how did ya know it was for chasing a cat giro :laugh:

been caught loads of time when i was a young un a boot up the arse ferrets shot nets took off me as i got older things just got more violent with certain keepers to the point me and my mates hated the twats farmers were angry &irate but sort of fair [if you know what i mean] had a few rolls about with keepers in my time locked up fined etc [not proud of it ] but them days were fecking great for us hunting lads [80,s]

:thumbs: happy days
000_0027.jpg Just thought i would share this took from the local paper i dont know wat a twenty shilling fine would equate to in todays money these were two men who were more than likely doing it to feed their familys at a time [bANNED TEXT] the rabbit poulation would have been at plauge proportions seems some things never change even in 100 years.