first time lamping

My lad who is now 8yrs old has been asking me if i could taking him lamping for a while now. Last night i took him for his first shine, we were only going 10 min up the road and i told him that we might only catch one as there isnt much round were i live,he wasnt botherd he just wanted to see what it was all about and see Meg run.

we got a handfull of runns and my lad loved it , our pup Meg managed 4

he didnt stop talking about it all night after that and cant wait to go again.

DSCF0759.jpg

• Like 11

Wish my boy was as keen. He was at 1st when i took him out shooting...he lost interest and wanted to go ferreting....lost interest in that also and has no interest in hunting of any kind now. He'd rather sit on his feckin xbox would you believe??? Makes me mad as all i wanted to do when i was a boy was go fishing and chase rabbits!

• Like 2

Wish my boy was as keen. He was at 1st when i took him out shooting...he lost interest and wanted to go ferreting....lost interest in that also and has no interest in hunting of any kind now. He'd rather sit on his feckin xbox would you believe??? Makes me mad as all i wanted to do when i was a boy was go fishing and chase rabbits!

Fecking x boxes want smashing bloody things they have a lot to answe for

Glad you had a gd night gotta start em young

I think the other thing is that he doesn't like all the walking. I've a new caravan park permission that i might hit on Sat. There shouldn't be a lot of walking involved so i may make him come with me to get a view of it all without so much walking. I have kinda forced the issue with him a couple of times as i want him to enjoy the things i enjoyed when i was a boy. How things change.