Come on boys... Fess up!!!

Alas, today was that fabled day, when I took a days annual leave, for the momentous occasion on which my wonderful & much better half (to be referred to herein as 'Our Doris') turned the BIG 40! So with my wallet trembling with fear, we set off to York, where, she enjoyed my bank balance!

And that kind of set me to thinking about, what is possibly our greatest & most frequent (Tongue in cheek) dilemma: Shopping/shooting/Shopping/shooting/Time with the missis/Shopping/shooting/Decorating/Shopping/shooting??? Etc!!!

Some days, you just need those hours in the woods & fields, but 'No pass' is granted...... You find yourself out there anyway....I,'ll bet there are some fabulous tales of creative fibs & close escapes, to have us laughing till sun rise!

So come on boys, here's your opportunity to 'FESS UP', share your guilt & receive hunting absolution!

Just put on my wellies and going out for a run,One windy February night.

The pregnant Mrs calls me back to the living room to tell me her waters had broken,I tried to tell her she`d pissed herself and she`d be fine for a couple of hours while i just popped out. :no:

• Like 6

I once had a partner who, only once, really gave me the ultimate ultimatum. "It's your rifles or me!"

She wasn't so cock-sure when I said I'd help her pack!

I will give my Helen anything she desires. But our relationship is not a contract where my shooting is a bargaining chip for permission to go out to the permission! My shooting was there long before her arrival and there it remains forever unto death.

Burt she knows what a massively important area of my life this is and would never put a barrier in the way of it without a good reason, that I would see as reasonable anyway!

Pianoman

• Like 2

Let her loose with my bank cards!? I might not even be afford to afford pellets when she got back & that just wouldn't do!

I'd love to take her out there with me, but she smells like the cosmetics department in Debenhams & she has epilepsy, so giving her hold of the rifle (or anything else I hold with special affection) to bite on, isn't really an option! :)))))

Not really a going out story but I told the wife the rifle had to go away for 'essential servicing' .... Then sent it for camp dipping ! Haha

I knew she would moan if I had told her straight.

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

i just brought her 7 german shepherds and 2 horses 3 cats keep her on her toes :thumbs:

Dogs012.jpg

Bet you don't get any burglars trying to get in past those beasts!

ATB

Adam

funnily enough mate no. but i once got a free pizza when the delivery driver thought he would use the back gate for delivery, load of noise and by the time i got out there was just a pizza and no driver just the noise of the moped flying off. mind you i did phone the shop and offer payment.

• Like 1

YORK!! for her 40th ... im doing somthing wrong ive just shelled out to take mine to iceland for her 40th :cray: .... think yourself lucky bud :thumbs: . to add to the post i did cut down one of my mrs roses so i could get a full lenght shoot up the garden for plinking i told her i think a badger has done it they love eating roses :laugh:

Edited by kanny
  • Like 1