Plummer owners past and present

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big G,I spent all the late 70's,'s,90's breeding hybrids of plummers and most big name terriers untill 2002 just for work on fox as it was my main quarry both professionally and as an avid amateur,but

Sparky,"fully able" means exactly that and not "fully experienced",these dogs from last year have shown their full potential from an early age as they are not limited to going out 1 day a week but 7da

WM i have just proposed such a thing to the pta committee, a group or sub committee it matters not what the name is, but tracing old lines which can be brought back in to use and collaborating closer

Posted Images

There have been faults, but in all honesty, the faults have increased the less new blood % in the sire or dam. Now i am going to use new blood/new blood stock with as high % bull as possible, the use of remlap stock distracted the project away from Brians wishes. He felt 3/4 to 3/4 stock was the way forward. This is unfinished business as far as i am concerned.

Legion Bear was the highest % ever bred, nine over his daughter eire, as is Cleo, both have proved their worth to the breed, shame Bear had the chop, never mind, there is a face book page hoping to trace some of the early new blood stock, hopefully there are some nine stock still out there, a bit of luck will turn up just whats needed.

This new direction is needed to complete what was started, not knocking whats been produced so far, its just another direction.

• Like 1

WC, speak to Gareth, there must be some high % new blood dogs around and if so they are long lived. There was a new blood bitch in cumbria, went to a working lad, worked everything so i was told.. Legion ZY, nine over coalport Jill, right good stamp of a bitch but bridle and white, earned a right good rep for earth work - somewhere to start.

all the best Tim.

had a litter out of nine myself these were brindle/white except one full plummer colour

there was a man on here had one worked well below ground atb

Samba

Tell me more, what happened to the litter, any dogs still around and if so are they healthy. never mind genetic theories, lets do it the old fashioned way, if the stock has lived to a ripe old age without any health issues then we can presume that line is good. If not that line is suspect and needs investigation.

There is a facebook page for uploading pictures if anyone has anything positive to contribute, as much info on the new blood is what we are interested in, both good and bad, health issues nothing else.

cheers Tim.

WM i have just proposed such a thing to the pta committee, a group or sub committee it matters not what the name is, but tracing old lines which can be brought back in to use and collaborating closer with the other clubs with a focus on work is what i have proposed.

Getting pups in to working homes where they will be tested properly is the hardest part.

normally these things are discussed at the agms but harsh reality is the membership arent bothered on the whole. Hardly anyone sticks around for the agm and therefore important issues dont get raised or discussed by the wider membership.

• Like 4

Wulf that is one of the resons I did not renow my member ship to the pta, every one gos on about we need to do this and that but when posh cums to shave know one is willing to do any thing. Then we all as members get the chanse to be herd and no one apart from me and the register ternt up to the a.g.m so who is the pont of being in a club where you get members that will do any thing in there power to help there souths and not the breed. I can still show my dogs and register the pups with out all the ball and if I do pout a out cross over one of me bicths I cant up set any one

WULF(SCOTT),thats a big step in the right direction for everyone if its tied into health as well as work,the biggest problem I can foresee is most registered plummer owners these days are middle class with no idea on what is entailed in a working terrier,you need to survey all the clubs on whats being worked by who and what blood is in those dogs but I'm sure knowing you its already in hand.The internet is a serious tool towards getting things moving without waiting around for agm's,volunteers can be called for and vetted online and should take no time at all to get started,you already know like me who is working what before you start and I offered 3yrs ago to run stock on to test but was shunned as I was not a member of any of these clubs,I have no interest at all in showing as you know but would help where I can and there are a few that may surprise you if you get a breeding programme started but a merger is required between the major players to get full cooperation from all towards making them a healthier dog,I still think a cross club breed assessment should be done so as you have a starting point,there will be many on the club committees that will not like this as the truth can be painfull and your path will be a difficult one but I know you have the working good of the breed at heart and anyone that puts his head above the parapit as you have deserves commending for it,GOOD LUCK,WM

p.s. maybe a comment from Gareth now or TOKA