New EU Polecats

Got to say mate,they dont look like the EU Polecats ive seen,however the best source of information on here I think would be Diggermad,Ive seen /handled some of Charlies stuff,(without gloves)no problem,he keeps quite a few,again I have to say from the pics they dont look owt like his,theyre much darker than yours.At the end of the day if your happy with them thats all that matters!I dont think the others were trying to piss you off they were offering their opinions,its an open forum mate ,theres plenty to learn on here but you wont allways hear what you want!PM Diggermad hes a real nice fella and am sure will be happy to answer any questions ATB Dave :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've got one jill which is 50% polecat ferret and 50% polecat (wild). She is much much stronger compared to my other two sandy jills. The polecat is 10 weeks old and is already stronger than the 1.5year jill.

She's also more agressive and not very well behaved compared to the other two jills which are both healthy jills from working stock. She is the typical polecat X, physical and mental. Just as with other ferrets they also come in all shapes and sizes, her sister which is used by a ferreter nearby is quite a bit bigger, also a lot kinder.

My x is probably not very useful for ferreting this or next season, however I would very much like to get a litter from her and one of our hobs.

Didn't have to pay that much for her since the litter was unwanted/accidental. Polecat mixes as in wild polecat to ferret (we call them fruns= fret+bunzing) are not very popular as a pet over here and often end up in a shelter.. They are wanted amongst ferreters though, a lot of the working stock has some wild polecat in it's genetic makeup over here. Nothing that special.

Edited by Bossie
  • Like 1

They look like EU/ferret hybrids. If you can handle them well, then they inherited more of the ferret genes. Find hybrids to be stubborn, contrary and unpredictable. But each is not the same, wish the best with them.

not being funny, but how the hell can you say they look like ferret/polecat hybrids from that picture? :blink::laugh:

They look like EU/ferret hybrids. If you can handle them well, then they inherited more of the ferret genes. Find hybrids to be stubborn, contrary and unpredictable. But each is not the same, wish the best with them.

3567og.jpg

• Like 4