First proper shoot on new permission

For all you lads out there who struggle to get permission, I only recently moved here to Essex and had nowhere to shoot. so just as a passing thought i decided to put a free add in the local paper for free pest control with air rifles, not expecting to get a response. well the first day it was printed i had a rather stressed horse paddock owner call me up to come take care of his rabbits as they were ruining his land as there were so many!

so during the week i went out about 6pm just to have a look around and my god this is an expensive place, big 6foot solid fences the whole way around with electric gates so you cant even see in and the stables are immaculate! the car park was even full of jags and martins!. when i did get inside he wasnt exagerating about the rabbit problem! it was literally crawling with them! unfortunatly the wind and rain were against me making for terrible shooting conditions and when the rain finially stopped the wind was just as strong!

After 2 complete misses i decided to test a few shots on a target to see how the wind was affecting me, a few shots were going 3'' wide at 30yards!! but after the weather settled i was able to do some damage to the rabbit population, manageing to account for 8 in about an hour and a half! looks like ive found a nice bit of shooting here and im going to go back out today after lunch and see if i can get into double figures, the lurcher pup is going to be eating very well for the next few weeks!

Cheers Lads

Jim

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528/BigJimm666/300812.jpg

300812.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all you lads out there who struggle to get permission, I only recently moved here to Essex and had nowhere to shoot. so just as a passing thought i decided to put a free add in the local paper for

Yeah im going to pop down the local butcher tomorrow and see if hes interested, at this rate ill run out of freezer space because i dont have a chest freezer in the new flat hahahah.   Just to empha

You just tell me where to point it love....

That's superb! With some selective shooting, I'd prune the numbers right back but leave some breeding pairs to secure an awesome permission for life. Nudge nudge wink wink. It sounds like you'll have a challenge even if you attempted to annihilate them.

Good going jim, and you lucky tw#t on getting the permission and response that quick..! Wish it was that easy to obtain around here....? I'd save a few for a good ferreting session in a few months time to bring chase on.

Chris

yeah i never try and wipe them out, always leave the young ones if I can, theres so many here thought i recon i could take 200-300 off before iI caused any lasting damage to the population! yeah definitely chris! theres going to be plenty of work for him!

• Like 1

yeah i never try and wipe them out, always leave the young ones if I can, theres so many here thought i recon i could take 200-300 off before iI caused any lasting damage to the population! yeah definitely chris! theres going to be plenty of work for him!

Jeeeesus! 200? 300? That's great permission mate. Better get you're self a buyer for some, I can get £1.50 each gutted up here mate

Atb chris

Yeah im going to pop down the local butcher tomorrow and see if hes interested, at this rate ill run out of freezer space because i dont have a chest freezer in the new flat hahahah.

Just to emphases how many rabbits there are on this permission every time i went into a new field there were groups of 10-20 rabbits sat out in the field and id manage to take 1 or 2 before the rest would clear off. theres about 30 fields and im guessing that not all will be above ground at the same time so there must literally be hundreds. went out again today for 3 hours and managed a nice bag of 14. thats a total of 31 rabbits off this permission this week and theres been the same amount in the field each time ive come back so doesnt look like im even making a dent hahahah. giving me a great opportunity to really get to know this gun aswell, i was literally speechless when i pulled off a standing 40yard headshot today, for me thats bloody good hahaha.

then when i was packing up ready for home the nice 21 year old blonde manager ;) came and asked 'do you do rats? weve got a real bad rat problem aswell!' this place gets better and better! :angel:

ATB lads

Jim

DSC01157.jpg

• Like 4