Before a nights lamping

feeding dogs!!! when did people start doing that

only ritual i have before lamping is chasing the dog im not taking round the yard when it gets passed me as im putting the other on the lead

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

try not to feed mine beforehand otherwise they wont fit through the window when i sling em out at 50mph :laugh:

I feed mine on rabbit's for a week leading upto a lamping trip..that way when they catch a rabbit they won't eat it because they are sick of it..a bit like a ferret really.. ..

Before we go lamping, and depending on what county we heading into. I like to put clean underpants on !!!!!!!!!!!

Before we go lamping, and depending on what county we heading into. I like to put clean underpants on !!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

i put clean uns on quarterly whether i need to or not :blink::D

Depending on how hot the county is, it pays sometimes to take a couple of spare pairs :blink: !!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Before we go lamping, and depending on what county we heading into. I like to put clean underpants on !!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

i put clean uns on quarterly whether i need to or not :blink::D

Depending on how hot the county is, it pays sometimes to take a couple of spare pairs :blink: !!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Good advice, cheers! Especially when we lamp at the local dogging hotspot!!! :snack::angel::icon_redface::bad:

Feed after lamping,, as dogs in the wild , they hunt when there hungry not with full stomach's,, absolutely massage the dog before hunting, sometimes its the only way to find injuries atb stripes.

how the feck does it get injured before you go out :laugh:
  • Like 1

My dog's are alway's fed late on the night say 11.30pm or maybe 12.00..that way they are alway's ready for the lamp before hand if the weather change's for the good and so on..imo if they have the mineral's and necessary stamina and above all as fit as they can be they do not require a early morning feed for them big night's..i just feed at the end of the night when i get home...as 9 times out of 10 all they want to do is curl up and go to sleep once the lamping has finnished.. :thumbs:

Feed after lamping,, as dogs in the wild , they hunt when there hungry not with full stomach's,, absolutely massage the dog before hunting, sometimes its the only way to find injuries atb stripes.

how the feck does it get injured before you go out :laugh:

Could have pulled, twisted muscles the day before or so on

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

dogs body works different to humans in the way they store and convert fat into energy, was a program once of sled dogs and how their body works when on long endurence races, carnt remember what is was called though. :thumbs:

sled dog breeds have a different matabalisum to other breeds, there bodies need 1/4 of the food of other breeds of the same weight to do there job so what suits them won't suit lurchers.

I always feed in morning around 8am and about 4pm give them a very small top up of a fluid I get off me dad, same effect as giving them pilchards in tomato sauce. For them extra hard nights

lamping feed him about 4ish and than 2hours befor i take him on a littler walk round! day hunting feed him about 5 or 6 day be for and then the same again really 2 hours before take him for a hours run/walk i find this makes it better but maybe thats just me!!! atb :thumbs: