Spear & Jackson rabbitingspade. Who's got it and do you like it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I uses a bulldog rabbiting spade and nothernite it's called a rabbiting spade and a good one.

I use the small spade from screwfix, less than a tenner and does the job aswell as any of the 'rabbitng' spades out there.

Dig like feck.   In all honesty i do also carry a long handled, long bladed, post shovel and bar in the motor, if things get difficult.   But johnnyboy and i have done 8 ft, which included going

Guest norseman

bulldog are good strong spades they do a fibre glass one strong and durable. last a lifetime if used correctly. some folk think a shovel is also an axe and bar. :blink:

:laugh: :laugh: ive seen those multi-shovels in action!

Guys, Bulldog shovel is called different things on different web sites the one i have is the one sindasox posted the link to £29 98 Dont know where the £47 came from again just down to personal choice

tool station 46 pound and 12 pence Edited by nothernlite

Thinking about purchasing a new spade for my ferreting. I've got a similar spade which is getting old. Plus a friend of mine wants a similar spade as well. But do any of you guys have one and do you like it?

By the way, the ground in Holland is usually less rocklike than some ground I've dug in England, Germany or Normandy. So it doesn't have to be the harderst of the hardest spade, but it would be nice if it were. And I'm definately going to spend 50 quid or more to a spade now.

Hope you guys can give me a bit of info.

Cheers, Blaireaut

i have a bulldog all metal spade with bulldog prit on it very strong good working spade i have 2 so i wud be able to sell one pm me if intreasted

I lied - it's now 13 quid.

http://www.screwfix....nt-shovel/53829

Same as, you really cant beat these! Had mine three seasons and used it ALOT, deep enough too, and its still as good as new. I would buy another tomorrow if i ever lost it, highly recomended :thumbs:

never used one of these myself but by the pic wouldnt last imo if thats a plastic handle on the top, couldnt imagine choppping roots,flint, etc it would last to long , but can only speak from seeing it on a pic so might be better made than it looks

I have used it plenty on a mix of ground from chalk and flint to heavy clay so i wouls say yes, it is plenty strong enough. Be aware though that there are copys about that are not as good and will break on you. You should be ok if you stick to the original rough neck ones though

Just picked two of these up for £6.00 each from castle donington Sunday market,there's a guy who sells tools on there got quite a few he's there every week

What you got them for? Me to use this season like?

You break out in a sweat at the thought of a dig!