ferret finders

fay

havin used the mk1 for years then switching to the mk3 for the last 2 or 3 seasons, it not hard to use you just have to get used to it like everything, dont thing you would pick any up and be spot on where your ferret is first time, but i find the mk3 much better at pinpointing and depth..

Edited by rickardo
  • Like 1

Well I have both but I never use the mk3 as the sound does my fecking head in, and I don't think it pinpoints or gives the depths as well as the mk1 which is by far my favourite,

Also I've easily pinpointed and dug to a ferret many times when there's been 2-3 other ferrets down there wearing collars as well.

Cheers fd.

• Like 1

never used a mk3 so cant comment on them but you can use as many collars as you like with the mk1[ would imagine its the same with the mk3] you will get a double signal if your ferrets are on the same rabbit or close together underground.most people i know who have changed from the mk1 to the mk3 say it takes a bit of getting used to but is a good bit of kit.

Well I have both but I never use the mk3 as the sound does my fecking head in, and I don't think it pinpoints or gives the depths as well as the mk1 which is by far my favourite,

Also I've easily pinpointed and dug to a ferret many times when there's been 2-3 other ferrets down there wearing collars as well.

Cheers fd.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: im the same mate the sound is soul destroying in the mk 3,frys my head .My ferreting partner has the mk3 and i have the mk1 when we go out my mate uses the mk1 box more than the mk3 to pick up signals even with his own ferrets wearing the mk3 collars. ive heard that when the mk3 was being designed loads of ferreters were consulted on what they would like the mk3 to be like.Fook knows who wanted it to sound like Steven Hawking on loud speaker but it takes some getting used too.Orange neon colour is a plus but it sounding like R2-D2 farting in the bath is a big no-no from me im afraid but each to their own.